Weep Hole Covers

Idoc57

So, I was talking to my son and grandson about making me some of these weep hole covers.  They have a 3-D printer and my grandson has been making things for his friends at school.  My son got everything set up to print a couple of them (R & L) to try on my MH.  All he had at that moment was white PLA, but it was fine for checking the fit.  They came out really nice and fit "like a glove".  I just slid one of the "hooks" into the slot as far as it would go and pressed firmly on the other end and it snapped in, nice and tight.  The outside to outside measurement of the two slots is 1.75" (maybe a few thousandths over).  After looking at the different materials available, they decided to use PETG, which is known for its resistance to heat, UV and moisture.  Of course, the color would be black, not white.  He is currently making me some in the new black, PETG material, and if they look as good and fit as well as the white ones in the pictures, they will be great!

I asked my grandson if he would be willing to make "a bunch" of these for the guys on this site and just charge a very reasonable amount for them.  He said that he would make them for $1.00 a piece in whatever quantity anybody needed.  He is looking into shipping costs and materials.  It looks like maybe $5.00 for regular mail or the USPS has a small priority box, with tracking and 2-3 day delivery for about $9.00.  He will let me know.

They will be sending me some of the new black ones in a couple of days.  I will check the fit and form of them and report back on that.  I know that someone ( I think Scotty) has offered to make them for free for whoever wanted them, and was willing to wait for them, and that is a very generous gesture!  However, if these new black ones (PETG) work out as well as I think they will, my grandson is willing to start producing them on a first come first served basis for someone who might need them sooner.  Anyone who might be interested can PM me.

Carey

Weep cover front top.jpg

Weep cover front lower.jpg

Weep cover back.jpg

Weep cover slots.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, Idoc57 said:

So, I was talking to my son and grandson about making me some of these weep hole covers.  They have a 3-D printer and my grandson has been making things for his friends at school.  My son got everything set up to print a couple of them (R & L) to try on my MH.  All he had at that moment was white PLA, but it was fine for checking the fit.  They came out really nice and fit "like a glove".  I just slid one of the "hooks" into the slot as far as it would go and pressed firmly on the other end and it snapped in, nice and tight.  The outside to outside measurement of the two slots is 1.75" (maybe a few thousandths over).  After looking at the different materials available, they decided to use PETG, which is known for its resistance to heat, UV and moisture.  Of course, the color would be black, not white.  He is currently making me some in the new black, PETG material, and if they look as good and fit as well as the white ones in the pictures, they will be great!

I asked my grandson if he would be willing to make "a bunch" of these for the guys on this site and just charge a very reasonable amount for them.  He said that he would make them for $1.00 a piece in whatever quantity anybody needed.  He is looking into shipping costs and materials.  It looks like maybe $5.00 for regular mail or the USPS has a small priority box, with tracking and 2-3 day delivery for about $9.00.  He will let me know.

They will be sending me some of the new black ones in a couple of days.  I will check the fit and form of them and report back on that.  I know that someone ( I think Scotty) has offered to make them for free for whoever wanted them, and was willing to wait for them, and that is a very generous gesture!  However, if these new black ones (PETG) work out as well as I think they will, my grandson is willing to start producing them on a first come first served basis for someone who might need them sooner.  Anyone who might be interested can PM me.

Carey

Weep cover front top.jpg

Weep cover front lower.jpg

Weep cover back.jpg

Weep cover slots.jpg

WE WOULD LIKE TO ORDER 25 DRIVER'S SIDE AND 12 PASSENGER SIDE WEEP HOLE COVERS IN BLACK FOR OUR 2005 BEAVER SANTIAM.  PLEASE SEND ME AN ADDRESS TO SEND A CHECK OR DO YOU ACCEPT PAYPAL?  WE ARE IN TIPP CITY, OHIO 45371.

STEVE GLASER

• 1 month later...