Light Bulbs

Scotty Hutto

SHAMELESSLY stolen from the Monaco RV Owners Facebook page… but it applies here too…

*A day in the life of an Admin/Moderator**

Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb in this forum?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

249 to post meme's and gif's.

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

12 to post F.

8 to ask what F means.

16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.

19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, buy them.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

5 to post to the page that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the $!%cking light bulb controversy.

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again. 🤷🏼‍♀️😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

And then there are few who get popcorn and laugh their arses off. Asking a question on FB reminds of a help line from the public in Who wants to be a millionaire. Half the answers are total BS, few are right and the rest is repeating the same 100 times over. At the end, the OP has to decide for him/herself. Just too funny.

• Like 1

More like…..how many GK does it take to log into TicketMaster?

I have a personal email and a “commerce” email that s used for online items.  Somehow, thank God, the commerce gets all the updates from here.

i chose long ago NOT to setup commerce on my iPad or phone as all I would do is read and delete.

SO, my Alma Mater is going to a Bowl game.  I order tickets and they have my personal email on file.  For our season FB & BB tickets, they issue and I download from them to my phone’s wallet.

OK….FINALLY.  The email comes in….download the tickets. Opps.  The tickets will be issued by TicketMaster….which has contracted to the Bowl “entity”.  The BOWL entity of course, as it’s OWN iPhone APP….that you must use so they can Hawk merchandise and all sorts of tracking….. Log into your TickMaster account using email.  So I do.  They finally let me in and say…..you ain’t got none.  WHY….because my dear Alma Mater used the PERSONAL and NOT COMMERCE account email.  Of course, using the COMMERCE….there ain’t no tickets…...

OK…took three logs outs, two hard reboots of iPad and deleting the “new Bowl APP”.  Then there is still some residual traces of that account….so I have to reinstall the APP….and it tries to log me into my main Ticketmaster COMMERCE account.   FINALLY, get to reregister using the PERSONAL account…..but then they want DNA  to verify.  Triple checking….made me abandon the just put in new password….reset it….give them a 6 digit email code.  Then reset password for an account that has, technically, never been used.  Then an email link to verify I’m changing the password…..then a 6 digit text code.  I was expecting a Uber person to being a finger prick kit for on spot testing.

YES…..I survived.  My DW would be hospitalized…..

Maybe some see the humor…..but I did not have to call my GD.  She grabbed my phone one day when I wanted to use the Chic-FIL-A app and it wanted my location.  I did DW’s phone later that night as we had a free meal promo…..courtesy of an opposing dude missing 2 consecutive free throws at a basketball game.  I finally had to call GD.  The way, not what .google or CFA says, to register your location, in order to qualify, is to “Pick a Location”…..nowhere in any online googling….

Beat goes on…..

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...