Silverleaf TM-501 UBS JIB J1708/J1939

Busnut
Go to solution Solved by On_the_road,

Hi

Just bought this silver leaf for our motorhome 2003 Monaco with ISM cummins. Any members using one or information about  recommending  a good lap top or tablet that would be a good plug and play for the silver leaf. I was thinking around an 10 inch. Also a good mount .

Thanks

• Solution

I used an Azulle Byte Plus Mini PC with a touch screen monitor.   I shoved the PC on the floor behind the driver seat.   I mounted the display on my dash next to my GPS.   You don't need the keyboard or mouse after you set it up.   Any Windows PC can run the Silverleaf software.

• Like 1

I had been using a small Sony Viao laptop but it crapped out.  I replaced it with a Microsoft Surface Go 2 tablet which I got for a great price off Ebay.  I like the tablet better as it sits on my mount stand flat and doesn't interfere with line of site to the rear view mirror. 

I use a floor mount stand next to the drivers side console.  I added a center support attached to the side of the console which reduces movement/vibration.  I added a dual plug 12 volt power source next to it and plug in a small inverter which powers the tablet.  I then mounted the Silverlear controller next to it.  Everything is tucked out of the way. 

Silverleaf dispaly.jpg

Edited by jacwjames
  • Like 1

If you get a windows tablet make sure it has a full size USB port that way you will have a separate charging port. A lot of the tablets have one micro usb that is also used as the charging port so you can’t change it while the vmspc is plugged in. I had a Dell venue on my old Motorhome that worked well or Microsoft surface would work. 

• Like 1