Septic Door Latch Broke 2005 Monaco Executive

rschley

On my 06 Signature I was able to open the adjacent swing up door and drill a 1” hole in the side of wet bay door. Then had a piece of aluminum long enough to reach the mechanism. Drilled 1/2 hole in the aluminum piece put it over the square brass adjuster and pulled to make it release. Found the little metal clip that came off replaced it lubed all and no issues since.

I just had the same problem. We were out boondocking and had the power cord out to a separate generator and the Starlink cable running up inside the wet bay. If you have the door that lifts up and out then we most likely have the same door. I inflated the left side air bags all the way up. Then laid on the ground and removed the two most outer white access caps. Use a screw driver to get them loose then unscrew and push them inside the compartment. This allows you to reach up inside the compartment and located the horizonal rods that release the latches on either side. Push or pull the rod end into the center of the door. I just used my hands to move the rods. It took two people to do this as my latch mechanism was less than free moving due to rust and corrosion. Once the sides release then push up on the center rod to release the center latch. I opened the door 5 or 6 times this way until the new handle arrived. Trimark still makes the handle. They have many that look very similar. I called the customer service number and the rep was great and very helpful. Together we figured out exactly which part number to order. I sent the rep pictures of what I had and she found a perfect match. The new handle took about 10 days to get delivered and fit perfect. Cost was just under $200.

• Thanks 1

I ran into this several years ago.  I had always pulled on the latch and lifted the door with one hand and in one single motion. After breaking the latch I read someone else's article on the same issue and he recommended doing the latch with one hand and lifting with the other hand.  This procedure has served me well and hopefully the latch will last much longer. Hope this may help.  Happy trails, Bert