2013 Endeavor

My 07 Dynasty had same leak on bedroom roadside slide. The tape on the top of the slide was leaking. Had to remove clean and replace. I would check there first. Mine had lifted on the rear portion of the slide.

Hi Bonnie, can you tell if it coming from around any of the slide windows or if it’s a total mystery, here are some tips:

1. You should have a 4-6” strip of eternabond tape sealing the tops and sides of the slide (box portion), I would closely examine that. Unless it is torn or there is a hole in it, most likely it isn’t the tape. You have to use a heat gun to remove it, since it is so sticky and can be quite the labor intensive job. 🙂
2. Look at any sealant (looks like caulk) that is cracked, dried out, or missing. That is a huge indicator. The tiniest crack can allow a drip of water to stream in and cause unknown thousands of dollars of damage. 
3. Look for any screws that have backed out out and are rusting- if you find a rust spot on the head of the screw- that’s one of your issues. (Keep looking because there will be more!!!) 

4. Any rivets that are crooked and not flush, same thing as #3, water will find it’s way in. 

Best of luck,

Nic 

It could be the bead at the bottom of the sides of the slide. This is an old Monaco undocumented feature to let water in. This can result in wood rot and delamination of the slide bottom. The bead and seal Monaco used is prone to failure resulting in water intrusion. You can caulk it but it will be a temporary fix.

This assumes that you do not have any Guardian plates installed. 

Talk with Chris Throgmorton of Talin Manufacturing (he is a member and may also respond) as he designed and manufactures these plates for installation.

Check the belt line that transitions the sidewall to the roof.  We had a small break in the caulking about 30 feet from where the water entered the coach.  We chased it for years and finally a former Monaco tech at RV Doctor in Las Vegas found it in a few minutes.  He knew where to look.  Apparently if water gets into the belt line it can travel down the inside of the beam that the belt screws into and the water can appear quite a ways away.

Dwight

5 hours ago, BJO30228 said:

we have done lots of test to see were it's leaking and can not find . 

Bonnie - does it leak with the slide in, or out, or both?  What part of the coach is getting wet?  The walls, floor, both?   More details on where the leak is seen and when would help narrow down the possibilities of where the leak might be occurring.

I agree, which slide? If there are two. 

On one of my slides when it was in, water would get under the slide and follow the slide to the corner, and drip on the floor. But if the RV was tilted away there was no leak. This took a long time to get all of the symptoms together. Tilted one way or the other, slide in or out. Where is the water leaking to/on.

I have replaced all of my slide seals over the last several years. Water running down one slide hit the fancy cap piece along the bottom edge. The cap piece is about three inches tall and only 1/8 inch thick or so. Water would get behind that piece because the factory did a poor job of sealing along that edge. Water would travel between the slide and that cap, then gravity would let it run toward the RV. If the slide was out this water would get knocked off by the seal on the bottom. When the slide was in and the RV was tilted toward the passenger side as it was when parked on my street the water would travel to the bottom of the slide and get past that seal and drop off the bottom corner of the slide. 

It took a long time to chase that one. The top of those caps all around the RV is now sealed of course. I also ran a bead of clear caulk just a few inches back from the edge of the slide, on the bottom. This little bump in the road adds additional protection by causing any water that might get that far to drop off on the outside.