The Hydraulic Pump saga continues

Hi Gang:

Well, the hydraulic pump saga continues.

I have a 2005 Dynasty and the hydraulic pump that supplies the power steering and cooling fan motor was leaking.

I ordered a seal kit and when it came in, I had the pump removed, and took it over to the people that work on pumps.

A couple of hours later I get a phone call telling me they had dropped the pump and broke an ear off the mounting plate.

Does anyone have an old broken pump that I could buy the mounting plate off of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

George Brennan

2005 Dynasty

I don’t have a Dynasty, but I would suggest calling Visone salvage. I’ve had very good luck getting hard-to-find parts from them. 

https://rvparts.visonerv.com/

There is a list of other RV salvage yards that might be closer to you on the site:

You might also check the parts list:

Is the hydraulic shop trying to find a pump, they should assume some responsibility for what happened???

In your previous post on this I provided a link to the Whitehouse Products site of the pump.  You may want to check on the price/availability/shipping. 

I'd also consider trying to repair the housing, they might have to get creative with additional support.  This might at least get you going until a replacement pump can be sourced.

I'm with Jim. George the shop is probably waiting to see if you are willing to pay for their mistake. Its worthwhile to be familiar with how mechanics lien laws work. Many states grant mechanics significant advantages over a customer in a dispute. If a shop has possession of your vehicle, or part in this case , and a dispute arises then it can be very expensive and time consuming to just regain possession. Oftentimes it is cheaper to just pay the bill than go to court.  And mechanics know that. If a dispute does occur and your vehicle is still mobile it would be prudent to move it off the shop's property if at all possible before the discussion became acrimonious.

Edited by Gary Cole

Gee guys this is getting way out of line.

I just got a call from the hydraulic shop and they found someone who can weld cast iron and it will be ready on Monday.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I really appreciate it 

George Brennan 

2005 Dynasty