Entry Door Combination Reprgramming Question

What make/model of keyless entry do you have? 

Check your manual, I have a section in mine explaining how to change the code.   In my case it says to find the reset button hidden somewhere in the dash.  When I first bought my coach I looked everywhere, couldn't find it.  The wiring diagram shows that the reset wire just goes to ground so was able to access the back of my key pad via the passenger side console and wired in my own momentary switch to reset the codes.  Several years later while working on something else I found a black wire loom hidden in a bunch of other wires with the end taped up, took the tape off and there was a red button, which was the reset button. 

The instructions are fairly straightforward, I was able to change mine without using the reset button. 
On my coach,  I did find the module through the dash opening above the steering wheel.  It was on a ledge just below the windshield.  

1 hour ago, Jon sweet said:

Thanks for the input,I'll search for the reset button.  Jon

I looked in a manual for a 2009 Camelot, not sure what make you have, it shows one that is mounted in the grab bar.  It does not give instructions as how to reset the codes so it may be different then mine.  It only says to refer to the OEM manual, so if you got all the individual manuals for your coach it may be in there.

Maybe someone with a Camelot or a similar keyless entry system will respond.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, Happycarz said:

Jon,

I sent you a PM.

Hello, do you still have the instructions? I have a 2008 40pdq Scepter,  which is basically identical to the Camelot.

Thank you,

Anyone on the forum here that wants the instructions will have to PM me.  As I have said in the past, I as well as others, could gain entry to your coach if only the keypad lock is used. So, use your deadbolt!

There is an AUTHORITY code and an ACCESS Code. Most folks don’t know how or just haven’t changed the default AUTHORITY code from the factory. You need to use the AUTHORITY code to change the individual user codes, AKA ACCESS codes.

I’m willing to share the procedure for creating your own ACCESS codes, but not on a forum. 

I created a cheat sheet to make it easier to change codes, along with how the owners explains it. I’m willing to share if you will PM me an email address or phone number if you prefer text.

This is for the TriMark keyless entry system.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:18 AM, Jon sweet said:

How do I change mt entry / bay door combination on the door handle? Jon Sweet

Members of our forum have access to the file downloads.  The information you need should be in the attached link.  If you click on the title "Trimark Keyless Entry System" you'll get a link to multiple documents.

This is a link for the Essex system.  Again click on the title to see all the file downloads.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Entry Door Combination Reprgramming Question