Wet Bay Light Fixture

4 hours ago, Gary Petersen said:

I am looking for a source for replacement of this sealed light fixture in my 02 Sig wet bay.

I don't see any way of accessing the bulb inside so it seems to be a sealed fixture.

I can't find a brand name or numbers on the unit.

Where might I look?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In a word…..ELSEWHERE.  seriously, check the parts list.  It has a a lot of information on OEM Monaco lights.  From my history with the original site and here, I don’t ever remember this topic.

from the looks of the pictures, it appears to be screwed in from the bottom of the mounting plate.

I might have not used the correct search phrase, but I bombed on Amazon.  Now I upgraded to LED.  They come in longer lengths and are surface mounted….so it would go on a sidewall in the bay….like mine is or the top.

Etrailer has some but they are 6” long.  However, what you might do was find a “shortie” that has a base around it and then double stick tape it to the top of the bracket so it shines in the same direction.  But I never saw an LED that short.  Basically, any overhead or utility light fixture would work on the sidewall or ceiling.  But finding this shortie with the same holes and such??

That was made by Trucklite. It is a model 544. It is no longer available and they do not make a replacement. Because mine went into a cutout in the wall, I just bought a larger fixture and mounted it over the hole on the surface.

20220506_111749.jpg

20220506_111710.jpg

Personally, I got tired of the dim lighting and wired 2 LED strips in place.  Now I can see all without a flashlight.  One of my favorite easy mods. 

20211231_181718.jpg

20211231_105330.jpg

20211231_135350.jpg

20211231_135354.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steven P said:

Personally, I got tired of the dim lighting and wired 2 LED strips in place.  Now I can see all without a flashlight.  One of my favorite easy mods. 

20211231_181718.jpg

20211231_105330.jpg

20211231_135350.jpg

20211231_135354.jpg

OUTSTANDING.  

I also see the telltale, I THINK, marks of someone that removed the wet bay panel the "red neck way".  Had two friends that had 2009 Camelots.  BOTH installed SeeLevel Gages and sent me (as well as posted here many years ago) the pictures.  Both TOTALLY stripped off all the hardware and pulled out the screws.

The first is a very meticulous individual and likes to take things apart....and he huffed and puffed for an hour or so.  He was working in an enclosed area of a competitive team.  His son was the "HEAD ENGINEER" or "Crew Chief" if it were a NASCAR team.  He is an MIT Grad with a MBA from Pitt.  Not exactly John Redneck from Podunk, USA.  He came over and said.  Dad, how's it going?  NOT WELL....You gotta saber saw?   Son responded...."Yes, can I look at it?  Sure.....yank the ))(*)(* thing out.....LOL"  Son looked at it, studied the situation and where it was binding.  Put his hands on it in two places and bent it like a pretzel and yanked it out.  It DID NOT BREAK.....

NOW....Maybe I should have pointed out that my buddy had added an exterior Microwave vent that he ordered the hood from Tiffen as he liked that design....installed it and had to use a hole saw and then got Sherwin William to custom mix a can of spray to match the exterior and then sprayed it so that it looked factory.  He also gutted the area above his Microwave and bought a chilled wine cooler that would fit in and then had to cut the cabinet and had selected that one since the flange would cover up the saw cut.....and snaked the electric to the Microwave.  So he was not exactly a hammer fabricator.  BUT, his son was a bit bigger and younger and was rested and used brute force....

The other friend just cut his in half after 2 hours of frustration.....and then DID buy a piece of 1" Aluminum strap (think an aluminum yard stick and painted it and used pop rivets and it was a linear mending plate.  He DID spray it white after he drilled the holes in the mending plate and used white coated 1/8" pop rivets.

I LIKE YOUR WHITE GORILLA TAPE....and that would have been my solution with MAYBE a rear mounted mending plate.  

AWESOME LIGHT CONVERSION.  If I lose one of Bedroom lights, I might steal one from the Bay and LED it....

I VOTE FOR THIS!!!!

4 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

OUTSTANDING.  

I also see the telltale, I THINK, marks of someone that removed the wet bay panel the "red neck way".  Had two friends that had 2009 Camelots.  BOTH installed SeeLevel Gages and sent me (as well as posted here many years ago) the pictures.  Both TOTALLY stripped off all the hardware and pulled out the screws.

The first is a very meticulous individual and likes to take things apart....and he huffed and puffed for an hour or so.  He was working in an enclosed area of a competitive team.  His son was the "HEAD ENGINEER" or "Crew Chief" if it were a NASCAR team.  He is an MIT Grad with a MBA from Pitt.  Not exactly John Redneck from Podunk, USA.  He came over and said.  Dad, how's it going?  NOT WELL....You gotta saber saw?   Son responded...."Yes, can I look at it?  Sure.....yank the ))(*)(* thing out.....LOL"  Son looked at it, studied the situation and where it was binding.  Put his hands on it in two places and bent it like a pretzel and yanked it out.  It DID NOT BREAK.....

NOW....Maybe I should have pointed out that my buddy had added an exterior Microwave vent that he ordered the hood from Tiffen as he liked that design....installed it and had to use a hole saw and then got Sherwin William to custom mix a can of spray to match the exterior and then sprayed it so that it looked factory.  He also gutted the area above his Microwave and bought a chilled wine cooler that would fit in and then had to cut the cabinet and had selected that one since the flange would cover up the saw cut.....and snaked the electric to the Microwave.  So he was not exactly a hammer fabricator.  BUT, his son was a bit bigger and younger and was rested and used brute force....

The other friend just cut his in half after 2 hours of frustration.....and then DID buy a piece of 1" Aluminum strap (think an aluminum yard stick and painted it and used pop rivets and it was a linear mending plate.  He DID spray it white after he drilled the holes in the mending plate and used white coated 1/8" pop rivets.

I LIKE YOUR WHITE GORILLA TAPE....and that would have been my solution with MAYBE a rear mounted mending plate.  

AWESOME LIGHT CONVERSION.  If I lose one of Bedroom lights, I might steal one from the Bay and LED it....

I VOTE FOR THIS!!!!

Thanks Tom!  I'm flattered knowing your expertise in motorhomes.  This was not my original idea, but I like it. A lot easier to get back there if needed and I don't have to remove everything to do it.  I bent the piece one time to get behind it and it was a pain so the cut made the most sense.  The gorilla tape was recommended on this forum. Originally I was gonna have a plate up, but then you still have to remove the screws, etc... so I've been testing the tape.  Held well for about a year I'd say.  

@Bruce S those are bright!  Nice!

Edited by Steven P

8 hours ago, Steven P said:

I did the same thing..  SuperBright LED has some strips that would be perfect for the location.  I have one of their 3ft strips across the inside of the engine bay hatch.  They come in 12", 18", 24" and 39" and are waterproof.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/waterproof-led-light-bar-12vdc-338-lm-ft-dimmable-barrel-connector-and-on-off-switch-3000k-4000k-5000k

I may just mount one of these in each of the bays