Aqua Hot water temp low

Bill C
Go to solution Solved by Bill C,

On 1/14/2023 at 11:04 PM, Corkman said:

Thanks for the info Frank. I didn't find it, but which way do I turn it to increase the hot water temp?

image.thumb.jpeg.a864931372bd0be93a0e06142008a2fb.jpegIf you look at the above image, you can see a small red triangle, and on the left of the knob the number 4, while to the right, number 1 is just visible. I the attached photo the tempering valve is set at 3 (curtesy of Aquahot).

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my update:

As a result of the advice from many trying to help I have:

1. Look to remove any calcium in the shower system, but there was none.

2. I replaced the Moen Cartridge in the shower, and found that it was a  Moen 1225, some thought it was a 1222.

3. I tried rotating the tempering valve to increase the hot water but it did not help. BTW, for those wanting to know which direction was hot, and which direction was cold, here is a pic of the tempering valve handle, CCW is hotter, CW is colder.

4. I bought a rebuild kit for the Aqua Hot (AH) tempering valve, recommended to me, from Home Depot. It was not exactly like mine so I can't use it.

While trying to rebuild the tempering valve I found that it was broken inside, so turning the handle did nothing. 

Now I need to find a replacement tempering valve, so I can use the guts to replace mine with.

Any suggestions as to where I can find a new tempering valve??

Thanks,

Bill

1529453787_thermstatValve2.thumb.jpg.e407af87d445f8d55deca80a814b17bc.jpg

Hi Gary, I appreciated all your help, but when I searched Amazon for a Watts LF70A, the only thing that showed up as a Tempering Valve for $1369 :).

My local plumbing store had nothing close.

Any chance you could send me the whole link, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Bill

• Solution

Good Day All,  Here is an updated to my shortage of Hot Water in my Monaco Dynasty Shower.

The good news is: Problem Solved! 

Here is a summary of what I tried during my troubleshooting:

1. I looked for, and planned to remove, any calcium in the shower system, but there was none.

2. I replaced the Moen Cartridge in the shower, and found that it was a  Moen 1225, some thought it was a 1222. This did not resolve my issue.

3. I tried rotating the tempering valve to increase the hot water but it did not help. I later found that my tempering valve was broken, making it impossible to adjust the water temp either way.

4. I bought a rebuild kit from Home Depot for the Aqua Hot (AH) tempering valve, recommended to me by one of our members. It was not exactly like mine so I can't use it.

5. Thanks to Gary, I was able to find a replacement tempering valve from Amazon. I used the guts from the tempering valve that I purchased from Amazon (the link is in my earlier thread).  While trying to rebuild the tempering valve I found that mine was broken inside (which is why turning the handle on the valve did nothing). Attached is a pic of my old tempering valve, showing the broken part. I've also included a comparison pic of my old tempering valve, along side of the replacement tempering valve. I was a little concerned when I saw that there was a little difference, but I later found that this was not a concern, as the replacement tempering valve works GREAT!

Before I replaced my tempering valve the hot water temp inside the coach was about 96 degrees.

After replacing the tempering valve, the hot water temp inside the coach was about 135 degrees. Of course I can lower the water temp somewhat using the adjustment on the tempering valve. But, for now, I'll take the 135 degree temp as it will be a nice change to get a hot shower. And, of course, we will be careful not to scald ourselves by properly adjusting the hot and cold water to a safe, but comfortable, water temp, resulting in a safe, comfortable shower.

As a side note: at home, we have the water temp on our on demand hot water heater set to 140 degrees, so we are used to the higher hot water temps.

I hope this helps other Aqua Hot users, and I appreciate everyone's inputs, and help, especially Gary...

All the Best,

Bill

USN Retired

Pictue showing old Broken Valve.jpg

Comparison Between Old one and New One.jpg

• Like 2

For those that want the part number, and did not see my link in an earlier post, here is the Amazon Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Watts-LF70A-F-1-Temper-2sweat/dp/B008C14DUM/ref=sr_1_22?crid=2ODILD9THHYE7&keywords=watts+lf70a&qid=1675375353&sprefix=%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-22

I believe it is a: Watts Product LF70A-F

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, Corkman said:

Good Day All,  Here is an updated to my shortage of Hot Water in my Monaco Dynasty Shower.

The good news is: Problem Solved! 

Here is a summary of what I tried during my troubleshooting:

1. I looked for, and planned to remove, any calcium in the shower system, but there was none.

2. I replaced the Moen Cartridge in the shower, and found that it was a  Moen 1225, some thought it was a 1222. This did not resolve my issue.

3. I tried rotating the tempering valve to increase the hot water but it did not help. I later found that my tempering valve was broken, making it impossible to adjust the water temp either way.

4. I bought a rebuild kit from Home Depot for the Aqua Hot (AH) tempering valve, recommended to me by one of our members. It was not exactly like mine so I can't use it.

5. Thanks to Gary, I was able to find a replacement tempering valve from Amazon. I used the guts from the tempering valve that I purchased from Amazon (the link is in my earlier thread).  While trying to rebuild the tempering valve I found that mine was broken inside (which is why turning the handle on the valve did nothing). Attached is a pic of my old tempering valve, showing the broken part. I've also included a comparison pic of my old tempering valve, along side of the replacement tempering valve. I was a little concerned when I saw that there was a little difference, but I later found that this was not a concern, as the replacement tempering valve works GREAT!

Before I replaced my tempering valve the hot water temp inside the coach was about 96 degrees.

After replacing the tempering valve, the hot water temp inside the coach was about 135 degrees. Of course I can lower the water temp somewhat using the adjustment on the tempering valve. But, for now, I'll take the 135 degree temp as it will be a nice change to get a hot shower. And, of course, we will be careful not to scald ourselves by properly adjusting the hot and cold water to a safe, but comfortable, water temp, resulting in a safe, comfortable shower.

As a side note: at home, we have the water temp on our on demand hot water heater set to 140 degrees, so we are used to the higher hot water temps.

I hope this helps other Aqua Hot users, and I appreciate everyone's inputs, and help, especially Gary...

All the Best,

Bill

USN Retired

Pictue showing old Broken Valve.jpg

Comparison Between Old one and New One.jpg

2/25/2023 Update: After using the hot water at around 135 deg for a few weeks we decided to lower the temp down to 120 deg and like this temp better. To get to 120 deg, I rotated the valve/handle a little over 1/2 in the CW (if facing the valve handle) direction.

Hope this helps.