Sister Ships

1 hour ago, Notn2bars said:

Trying to help a fellow RVer with his coach.  What Monaco MH is sister to the 2005 Safari Cheetah?  Trying to locate ABS sensors.  Thank for any help and God Bless, Ed & Sylvia

Have they been able to check the ABS codes?? 

The sensors on my front axle are accessible, I had to pull one out, clean it and reinstall.  The rear sensors are not easily accessible, you have to pull the wheel an hub.

But you should be able to pull the fault codes to isolate which axle and what kind of problem it is.  Most of my problems with an ABS light on had to do with the ABS diagnostic module, which in my case is mounted in the front drivers side electrical bay. 

Follow the cable going into the hub, typically on top of the assembly. I was able to push one towards the tone ring in the hub with a screwdriver even on the duals when it backed off. Depends what the code says. Could be different with different axle.

20230114_204103.jpg

• Like 1

Think Monaco purchased axles complete with brakes and drums from Dana at that time.  Should be an axle part number and manufacturer on your data sheet pasted on a wall or inside a cabinet.  Once you ID the assembly (p/n and s/n), call their customer service number and they should have all the part numbers for you.

Adam

2010 HR Neptune 37PDQ 

• Thanks 1

Scotty, Jim, Ivan and Adam thank you for the invaluable information.  I haven't looked at his MH yet, he had taken it to a repair shop and they indicated the abs sensor was bad, but couldn't locate the parts.  I knew that there would be at least one possibly more on this forum who would have helpful information.  Will post the progress or lack thereof as we move forward.  As always, the folks on this forum are outstanding in offering help and advice.  God Bless to all of you and your families.  Ed & Sylvia

Guest Ray Davis
16 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Follow the cable going into the hub, typically on top of the assembly. I was able to push one towards the tone ring in the hub with a screwdriver even on the duals when it backed off. Depends what the code says. Could be different with different axle.

20230114_204103.jpg

I've had to nudge the sensor up the the tone ring also.   If you can, try that first, it just might cure the problem

Guest Ray Davis
6 minutes ago, Notn2bars said:

Ray how are you and Marilyn doing?  Thanks for chiming in.  Al's MH is in Mission, Texas about 40 miles from here, so this venture is going to take some time.  Will post info as I get it.  God Bless, Ed & Sylvia

Hello Ed, We are doing well, now.  We took a trip to Branson back in Nov, enjoyed the shows but we both came home sick.  We had the flu, covid, and I had pnemonia.  Ended up in the hospital.  I had heard about slow recovery from the covid etc but it didn't really register with me that it meant me too.  It took us both weeks to feel like doing anything, but thank God we are pretty much back to normal.  However normal for me is not saying much, but I promise I won't be going back to Branson,  too many people packed in to close.

So how are you and Sylvia doing, hope you are both well.  Didn't you have covid a while back?  We think about you both every time we go to Dennys.  LOL

Prayers for you both