Norcold door alarm adjustment

wmh4805

12 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Lift up? I had to adjust mine to keep the beeper from going off all the time 

Could you be a bit more specific about how your adjusted the doors.  There have been several threads or discussions dating way, I mean, WAY BACK on the original site.  The consensus was that you could not adjust the door as the mounts were fixed.  Many people had done things to silence the alarm, which, I believe...as I had one, comes from a pressure check.  Folks also pulled the seals out a little and stuffed clear plastic thick walled tubing in them so that they were "wider" or pushed tighter against the frame.

Many have also made arrangements to get doors from units discarded when updating to a Res Refer.

Whatever you did and how you did it would be, I think, of great interest to the folks.

Thanks, in advance.

7 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Could you be a bit more specific about how your adjusted the doors.  There have been several threads or discussions dating way, I mean, WAY BACK on the original site.  The consensus was that you could not adjust the door as the mounts were fixed.  Many people had done things to silence the alarm, which, I believe...as I had one, comes from a pressure check.  Folks also pulled the seals out a little and stuffed clear plastic thick walled tubing in them so that they were "wider" or pushed tighter against the frame.

Many have also made arrangements to get doors from units discarded when updating to a Res Refer.

Whatever you did and how you did it would be, I think, of great interest to the folks.

Thanks, in advance.

Yeah, if he is trying to get the alarm to stop, I raised my door to get mine to stop. 

I removed both doors, including brackets. I went to the hardware store and bought some very small nylon washers. I put them on the brackets where the pin goes in. This raised the door enough to shut (click) and thus the alarm stopped. 

Not sure if that’s what everyone is after, but it’s how I got the alarm to stop beeping all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU THANK YOU GUYS I did what was said, I bought 3 different size nylon washes from Home depot , then noched 1 raised the door and sidled in the washer and NO MORE ALARM!!!!

THANKS AGAIN !!!