2009 Monaco Cayman R4R Rear Sway Bar

Go to solution Solved by JDCrow,

19 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

That comes up as a sway bar? 

OK....history for Sway Bars.  Wayne Wells (several know him here) was a hitch and designer and prototyper for Roadmaster.  I have been dealing with him since 2012..  I talked to Source Engineering and ordered the sway bars for my Camelot.  They were DROP SHIPPED from Roadmaster.  Roadmaster made them and they were exclusively sold by Source.  They gave me Wayne's cell and all my dealing on installation went through him.  Source Engineering MAY have done some installs....but I think that several members actually got them put on at the Roadmaster "Hitch Installation" shop.

The Sway Bars will NOT correct the tail wagging and do what the Watts does.  Myself and at least one other...perhaps more....went down that path.  I installed the HD Source Bilstein shocks up front and the standard Source Bilsteins on the rear. NOW, Bilstein makes the SHOCKS.  Source Engineering paid for the Development work and testing for the custom tuned valving.  So, Bilstein will NOT sell them to anyone.  Source owns the intellectual property rights to them...  Bilstein makes them and ships to Source and Source stocks and sells them....NO BODY ELSE.

OK....when I did that I also opted for the Sway bars...Front and Rear.  Drop shipped from Roadmaster.  Wayne goofed and shipped the wrong one.  He took care of that and airfreighted me the correct one.

THAT is the History.  Wayne's FIL (dad?) had a Monaco MH.  Wayne experimented and then fabricated sway bars at Roadmaster.  They WORKED.  So Roadmaster and Wayne approached Monaco with them as a standard or an option.  Scott (Source) was involved.  Monaco passed on them.  When Scott and Jim were RIF'ed by Monaco, they opened Source.  The rest is history....and they became the exclusive and ONLY distributor for the Sway Bars.

NOW.....update....Wayne has LEFT Roadmaster.  SO, maybe there is some product info and savvy there....??  Maybe NOT.  I am really surprised, and a bit miffed, that Source did not return a call.  

BUT, if they lost their tech support there...maybe they decided to give up the exclusive distributorship rights to the sway bar....and Roadmaster is now marketing them.

Interesting.....

17 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

OK....history for Sway Bars.  Wayne Wells (several know him here) was a hitch and designer and prototyper for Roadmaster.  I have been dealing with him since 2012..  I talked to Source Engineering and ordered the sway bars for my Camelot.  They were DROP SHIPPED from Roadmaster.  Roadmaster made them and they were exclusively sold by Source.  They gave me Wayne's cell and all my dealing on installation went through him.  Source Engineering MAY have done some installs....but I think that several members actually got them put on at the Roadmaster "Hitch Installation" shop.

The Sway Bars will NOT correct the tail wagging and do what the Watts does.  Myself and at least one other...perhaps more....went down that path.  I installed the HD Source Bilstein shocks up front and the standard Source Bilsteins on the rear. NOW, Bilstein makes the SHOCKS.  Source Engineering paid for the Development work and testing for the custom tuned valving.  So, Bilstein will NOT sell them to anyone.  Source owns the intellectual property rights to them...  Bilstein makes them and ships to Source and Source stocks and sells them....NO BODY ELSE.

OK....when I did that I also opted for the Sway bars...Front and Rear.  Drop shipped from Roadmaster.  Wayne goofed and shipped the wrong one.  He took care of that and airfreighted me the correct one.

THAT is the History.  Wayne's FIL (dad?) had a Monaco MH.  Wayne experimented and then fabricated sway bars at Roadmaster.  They WORKED.  So Roadmaster and Wayne approached Monaco with them as a standard or an option.  Scott (Source) was involved.  Monaco passed on them.  When Scott and Jim were RIF'ed by Monaco, they opened Source.  The rest is history....and they became the exclusive and ONLY distributor for the Sway Bars.

NOW.....update....Wayne has LEFT Roadmaster.  SO, maybe there is some product info and savvy there....??  Maybe NOT.  I am really surprised, and a bit miffed, that Source did not return a call.  

BUT, if they lost their tech support there...maybe they decided to give up the exclusive distributorship rights to the sway bar....and Roadmaster is now marketing them.

Interesting.....

I goofed, I saw sway bar, and thought he meant trailing arm. I think trailing arm on the R4 for some reason. 

Sorry guys.

I have the source sway bars on my coach. They are a nice product. 

27 minutes ago, Bob Keating said:

J. D.,

Do you have the bolt on bar that mounts to the trailing arms? Roadmaster still has this swaybar, but I would like some input from anyone who is using it.

Swaybar 1.JPG

Sorry I have the R8 suspension and not the R4. The sway bars look and install much like an auto set up. 

OK....mystery, at least to me, is a little clearer.  The Cayman is a R4R Chassis.  Source, per their website, does NOT sell the kits for the R4R chassis.  The Roadmaster 1209-145 has a VERY IMPORTANT NOTE.  It will NOT FIT on an R4R with the OEM Monaco Roadmaster Control Arm.  See Note 80 of their fitment chart.

You have to REPLACE the OEM Control Arms with the Source Engineering TRA 1004.  TRA stands for TRailing Arm(s).  SO....that explains it.

https://sourcerv.com/trailing_arm

https://roadmasterinc.com/pdfinst/1209-145.pdf

The ones that I installed were for the R8R chassis...and they still sell the ENTIRE Ride Control Kit which has shocks and bars and such.  I bought mine specifically for the TWO bars....(Front and Rear).  Then I ordered the Shocks that I wanted.

SO.  Bottom Line....this SHOULD fit your Cayman....but you gotta get BOTH PARTS....

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Monaco Cayman R4R Rear Sway Bar