Tire extension valves yes or no?

Garry Donohue
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

I wanted to get the tire pressure monitor system for my 2007 Dynasty. I was wondering can you screw on the TPMS sensor onto the inner dual wheel without having to use extension valves? The local tire company says to stay away from valve extension hoses as it is something else to leak and cause a flat. The tire guy said you can install the sensor on if you have aluminum wheels as the hole is large enough to get your hand in. He said if you don’t have aluminum wheels, then maybe you can’t fit your hand in to screw the sensor on. 

• Solution
3 hours ago, Garry Donohue said:

I wanted to get the tire pressure monitor system for my 2007 Dynasty. I was wondering can you screw on the TPMS sensor onto the inner dual wheel without having to use extension valves? The local tire company says to stay away from valve extension hoses as it is something else to leak and cause a flat. The tire guy said you can install the sensor on if you have aluminum wheels as the hole is large enough to get your hand in. He said if you don’t have aluminum wheels, then maybe you can’t fit your hand in to screw the sensor on. 

As the legal eagles say....THAT DEPENDS.  We have a very astute member with a 2007 Dynasty.  He does NOT have meathook hands and is well "able" to put his Pressure Pro TPMS sensors on the inner rears.  The reason....Monaco had special "wheels" with a distinctive cutout or hole up until 2008 or maybe 2009.  My Camelot wheels are the same rating and size and brand as his 2007 Dynasty, but I have the stock (Accurride Standard) holes.  They are way too small to get my hand into.

I opted for the longer Valve Stems that many used here.  They are the Borg Dually type.  They were named after a commercial tire valve distributor ( Mr. Borg) in California who passed away a few years back. There was a recent post about them and info.  His company is still there and folks order them and are pleased.  I have had three tire techs say that they are the nicest valve stems that they have seen. When I install new tires, I have them pull the O-Rings from new stems and put them on....as well as a new Schrader valve.

My advice.....get down on your whatever and see if you can unscrew the braided connector from the rear Inners.  Our member did that or else (he mounts his own tires and installs) unscrewed them when he put on a set or popped off the outer. He now says he pulls them off when he comes back in from a trip to keep the battery life longer.

So...YES...we have a person that can, on the same year and model as yours, install and remove a TPMS with great results....

Good Luck...

If you purchase valve extension hoses try to find ones that are used and designed for the trucking industry, they are generally a heavier design and if they’ve been around awhile they are probably a better quality. I have the ones that came on my 05 Dynasty that I purchased a year and a half ago, I’m assuming that they where installed when the coach was built, I maybe lose 5lbs of pressure in one set of duels and no lose from the other set of duels, I have no idea what brand they are.  Jmo.