New gas cooktop?

bhsl8

New Samsung fridge is in place. New Sharp microwave/convection overhead is in place. Now I want to replace the gas cooktop. 
Any suggestions for which one to get and any installation tips would be welcome. 
Thanks in advance. 

Brouck Sleight 

2002 Dynasty

2020 Explorer ST

2022 Indian Pursuit 

In our previous 02 Windsor, I took out the recessed Atwood 3-burner cooktop and installed a far better Seward Princess Gormet 2-burner cooktop. Had to have the recessed opening routed out a little larger for it to fit into the recessed opening.

I made this decision after seeing Fred Whites (RIP) cooktop in his Windsor.

My wife liked the upgrade very much.

Our now 06 Dynasty came with a Tru-Induction cooktop which is just OK. She is getting used to it but really prefers the LPG stove over the Induction. Luckily, we had cookware that was induction approved.

23 minutes ago, Duffer51 said:

You might think about replacing the gas with an induction cooktop. 

You'll have to run a new 20a electric hook-up from the existing breaker box. Is there an open breaker? I just ran two new 20a circuits for two outlets, one for my plug-in induction cooker and the other for whatever. Gives me more countertop space. Installed a drawer where the old gas stove was for storage of the induction unit.

Gary 05 AMB DST

3 hours ago, bhsl8 said:

New Samsung fridge is in place. New Sharp microwave/convection overhead is in place. Now I want to replace the gas cooktop. 
Any suggestions for which one to get and any installation tips would be welcome. 
Thanks in advance. 

Brouck Sleight 

2002 Dynasty

2020 Explorer ST

2022 Indian Pursuit 

Brouck ,I need to replace my microwave/convection, would you be able to share the model number, which ventilation system did you use?

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

Wayne, I replaced a Sharp 1850 with a Sharp 1874 ty. It was an exact fit but had to make a new hole in the right side adjacent cabinet for the power cord plug. 
It took two of us and my helper is, unlike myself, young, strong and flexible. 
I’m very pleased with the result. 

1 hour ago, bhsl8 said:

Sorry, Wayne, didn't mention the venting. It comes with parts and instructions to vent outside if you wish. I chose not to do so. 

Brouck

Thank you very much,I already have the hole and receptacle to the right in the cabinet, it is how the original GE is hooked up.

Wayne

1999 Signature ceaser