Fuse location for under slide patio lights - 2009 Signature

CrewChiefPro

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Fuse location for under slide patio lights - 2009 Signature

You may have 2 fuses or ONE. OR you may have an issue with one of the 3 or 4 CCM’s upfront.   You have the CCM system where all the dash switches and such are controlled by a Multiplex Kongsburg (?) brain or control box.  That is then linked to a bunch of individual Control Boxes (CCM) all over the MH.  I’m sure you understand what a BCM is on today’s cars, you have the equivalent.  You actually have TWO Mulitiplex systems,  One inside a closet with a CPU and a bunch of output or control modules.  That is what controls all the lighted house switches for lights and slides and fans and god knows what else,

The Patio lights are PROBABLY controlled by the Chassis system.  Look in your manual and read up on the CCM.  You can typically find the fuse layout there.  If not, find the print for the light or the switch that controls it.  Odds are there is a CCM circuit for it and  that will tell you which CCM, if I am correct, controls it and where the upstream, as well as possibly the individual fuse for the CCM is.

This ain’t your ordinary on/off switch like what was in your grand or great granddaddy’s Oldsmobile…..LOL.  Seriously, some folks may help so they can chime in,  but the real resource is the prints and also then understanding the system.  After reading and looking at your website, I apologize if I talked down to you…but you might not be familiar with the two systems on your nice rig.  

Good Luck….keep us posted….

I have been looking for any fuse labeled Patio or Accent lighting, have not found a bad fuse anywhere.  The switch for the outdoor patio lighting is right next to the door, and I don't believe it goes to a CCM.  Since I see a frayed wire under the slide out, and have yet to find a blown fuse or any other lights that do not operate, a CCM may be the issue.  I will continue to investigate and let you know.

I am NOT the guru on the Dynasty and above....as the prints are totally foreign to my experience.  BUT, here are the prints for them.  

You will need to download the entire file if you don't have them.  The INDEX (shown above) is the easiest to follow....look at these

38050052 Board F1 - you are looking for PORCH LIGHT....if I remember....

38080034 Again....this is two pages  Look at the switches.  Then scroll down.  There is an M157 Connector.  Somewhere there is a pin out of this....but I am not that good

308040159 This is like another LOOK at the boards with MORE detail.

You need to read the manual and learn HOW the boards work.  NOW...I can't quite recall how the CCM integrates.  @Frank McElroy is the curator of the prints and also understands the CCM and such.  He may chime in and help you.

Good Luck....please let us KNOW what you find and how you resolved this.  This is how we all learn...

Thanks, 

The porch light is controlled by the CCM in the FRB.  One of the wires on connector J4 out of the CCM will be labelled porch light. 

If the other two switches on the porch light switch module work, then either the MOSFET output from the CCM feeding the porch light wire is current limiting due to a shorted wire/bulb or the MOSFET internal to the CCM is bad. 

There is no separate fuse.  The MOSFET circuit internal to the CCM is providing current limiting and is acting like a fuse.

This is the link you need for wiring diagrams on a multiplex coach like yours.  If you click on the title "2008-9 Dynasty..." you'll get an option to download all schematics in one file.  If you click on "Download this file" you can select each page separately to download.

44 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

The porch light is controlled by the CCM in the FRB.  One of the wires on connector J4 out of the CCM will be labelled porch light. 

If the other two switches on the porch light switch modules work, then either the MOSFET output from the CCM feeding the porch light wire is current limiting due to a shorted wire/bulb or the MOSFET internal to the CCM is bad. 

There is no separate fuse.  The MOSFET circuit internal to the CCM is providing current limiting and is acting like a fuse.

This is the link you need for wiring diagrams on a multiplex coach like yours.  If you click on the title "2008-9 Dynasty..." you'll get an option to download all schematics in one file.  If you click on "Download this file" you can select each page separately to download.

Thank you, I appreciate the information.  However, I can't find anything in the file that lists SLIDE LIGHTS on a Signature.  I have a switch that is labeled "Porch Light" and it works fine, my problem is the lights UNDER the slide outs.

IF the under slide lights are controlled by the CCM, then there may indeed not be a fuse.    

Quote: The CCM uses electronics for current limitation
of circuits rated up to 12 Amps. Any circuit rated
12 Amps or less, in many instances, will be fused
electronically instead of by a mechanical fuse

or circuit breaker. When a command is given to
turn on a specific circuit (fog lights for example),
the CCM will continually monitor the fog light
circuit to prevent overload, such as a short circuit
to ground. If an over-current condition should
occur (short), the CCM will electronically turn
off power to the circuit. The CCM will log the
fault into memory and that information can
be retrieved by a service technician. When the
problem is corrected, the circuit is automatically
reset through electronics.

It appears to be factory.  I have seen these on other Signatures but anything is possible.  Here is the picture of the switch panel near the passenger side armrest.  The switch is the one on the bottom.

slidelight.jpeg

I will remove switch panel tomorrow and trace the wiring and see where it ends up.  If I can't find it, I will run a fused wire from another area.

OK, I have confirmed that this is an optional Monaco Signature feature, and was put on from the factory.  I found it in the owner's manual on page 133.

image.thumb.png.58e8e9947c770f292ce4c307bfba780e.png

Edited by CrewChiefPro

OK, I found the two schematics you need they are 38090017 (p113) and 38081042 (p162)

Fuse F11 2A.  I'm checking but I think it might be in the cabinet with the house multiplex system on a small fuse block with about a dozen fuses.

Screenshot_20230124-200658.png