Upgrade to Electric cord reel - suggestions wanted.

Gonzalo

Well I am happy the original question was asked, keen eye Tom! I was unaware of this transfer switch issue, and currently running the same IOTA unit. Just ordered a WFCO T57 switch from Amazon for 178.00.

• Like 1

Rik, it looks like you would have room. Where is the access hole at the bottom?  I can envision making a bracket to mount the reel along the left wall The bracket would be a large L-shaped thing and doing so you may be able to use it.

I can take measurements but that hole looks like the one on my Endeavor. 2008 model. The original owner either bought it without that option or removed the reel because of a problem. 

In any case, those that replace or install a reel should consider the deck plates that have the small elongated wheels. Reeling it in and out is much easier with the lack of friction. I changed mine out years ago and do make sure you have the cable come off the top versus the bottom as mine was installed. The friction of going through a deck plate without wheels was substantial. It rolls right off now and comes back in without a whine. I can wrap a clean rag loosely around the cable as it is retracted. 

19 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Myron, not nitpicking. You said the photos were your 2007 electrical bay, but you sign as a 2008 HR Endeavor. Your electrical bay doesn't look like mine. My 2005 Ambassador that was the first year for the 8 air bag suspension for the Ambassador. It was built on the 2004, 8 air bag Roadmaster (Endeavor) platform that was carried over to 2005. I don't know when that platform was upgraded for a newer, upgraded platform. Was 2007 the last year for this platform and your 2008 was the first year for an improved platform? That is how I compare my motorhome to the postings on the site. As for the transfer switch, I just want the easiest switch to install. I try to keep everything ASAP (As Simple As Possible).  WHEW!

Gary 05 AMB DST

Thanks Myron, This is just what I was looking for. Thank You!  Disregard my previous post. You made it ASAP!

Gary 05 AMB DST

Picky picky, and good eyes. I have no excuse for claiming the picture is of a 2007. Too many electrons running around my brain. It is a 2008 of course but the 2007's look just like it I believe. 

1 hour ago, myrontruex said:

Rik, it looks like you would have room. Where is the access hole at the bottom?  I can envision making a bracket to mount the reel along the left wall The bracket would be a large L-shaped thing and doing so you may be able to use it.

I can take measurements but that hole looks like the one on my Endeavor. 2008 model. The original owner either bought it without that option or removed the reel because of a problem. 

In any case, those that replace or install a reel should consider the deck plates that have the small elongated wheels. Reeling it in and out is much easier with the lack of friction. I changed mine out years ago and do make sure you have the cable come off the top versus the bottom as mine was installed. The friction of going through a deck plate without wheels was substantial. It rolls right off now and comes back in without a whine. I can wrap a clean rag loosely around the cable as it is retracted. 

Picky picky, and good eyes. I have no excuse for claiming the picture is of a 2007. Too many electrons running around my brain. It is a 2008 of course but the 2007's look just like it I believe. 

Thanks for understanding.

Gary 05 AMB DST