2009 Signature Electric Floor Heating stopped working

Go to solution Solved by Bliksem,

I have a relay clicking in the rear bedroom closet electrical panel and have lost floor heat.  I know these modules decide what large current appliances should get voltage, anyone have suggestions?

I have no tripped breakers but there is no voltage at the floor heat controller.

• Solution

They are the modules that prioritize  the 110v systems. The clicking you hear inside the intellitec module is a failed relay for that circuit , they each supply 3 circuits. The compleat unit will need to be replaced, if the part number is 00-00714-000 they are very easy to find.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Signature Electric Floor Heating stopped working
2 hours ago, CrewChiefPro said:

I have a relay clicking in the rear bedroom closet electrical panel and have lost floor heat.  I know these modules decide what large current appliances should get voltage, anyone have suggestions?

I have no tripped breakers but there is no voltage at the floor heat controller.

Evan probably nailed it.  These units tend to fail.  

https://intellitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/53-00714-000.pdf

You need to read the manual as it describes them.  Pull your prints also.  Depending on your options, you may have three (or more?).  The Dynasty and up has at least one.  It controls the WD and the HVAC.  It is the number one complaint as far as failures go.  Folks turn on all three AC's and then load up the W/D and then....NO AIR BACK IN BEDROOM.  That is detailed in the HVAC section as a note.  Monaco got a little "chincy" with the descriptions for the other high current optional devices....but the prints below show all the possible combinations.....so study.  You should be able to located them....

https://intellitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/53-00714-000.pdf

Pull the print link that was posted on your thread about the Porch lights.  The index is a bit spartan, but as you keep searching and get familiar....you will get the hang of it.  The color coded Index on the first or second page is a great resource....You will need to download the following

38081145C

38081093B

38081141A

There be a mess of them....and ONE actually feeds, depending on the options, another one.

YES....they CLICK.  YES....they go bad.  If you really need heat, then you can wire nut in what you want....but you will sacrifice something else.  Sounds like a spare might be a good investment to carry....as you are already have failures.  Many do...and since you probably travel a lot....a good idea....

Good Luck....let us know

Thank you everyone, I ordered two replacements for $64 each.  Once I put them in place, I will let you know the outcome.