Dometic Model 300 Series Problem

burghere66

I installed a new Dometic Series 300 (321) toilet in our Monaco Windsor.  It has worked flawlessly for the last 5 years.  This morning after flusing several times the waste ball that rotates, when I step on the pedal, failed to open.  Several attempts later and it still would not open when I step on the pedal.  I was able to manually open it using my fingers, it rotates freely but doesn't close or move when the pedal is depressed or allowed to return to the upright position.   The pedal seems to be detached from the ball.  The pedal does spring back into place when you let up.   I have checked out numerous Youtube videos on the Dometic 300 but none of them address this failure.

Does anyone know how to diagnose and fix this problem?

Gary

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

It is likely the connection between the pedal and the ball. This my be as simple as a screw that backed out our the petal valve actuator. Most all of this is plastic parts, so will eventually break if used. There is usually a cover that is attached with  few screws. Taking this off might show if it is just a screw backed out. If you have the model# of the toilet you can likely find a replacement kit on Amazon.

Thanks for the tip.  I pulled open the cover on the pedal and used an 8mm socket to tighten the screw but it made no difference.  I guess its time to call dometic when they open tomorrow.   We sure like this unit, in the past it has far outperformed the Thetford Aria that was always causing problems.

Gary

2002 Windsor PBDD