Locating Kenwood hidden receiver

We just purchased a 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder.  We have the popup Kenwood stereo monitor. Per the stereo manual, their is a hidden receiver in which the speakers connect. I also believe this is where the Aladdin system connects to the monitor. I can't locate this hidden receiver. I've thoroughly searched under the driver's side of the dash and don't see it. I don't see a way to access the underside of the passenger's side of the dash. Any suggestions as to where this hidden receiver could be installed? I'm also trying to locate the Aladdin box, but no luck yet. It could be next to this receiver. 

Thanks for assisting me. 

I am a little older and a different model but all that stuff was in the dash in front of the passenger side. 

Access panel is on top of the dash. 

1 hour ago, Rikadoo said:

Thinking outside the box i know my HR has a powered subwoofer that sits under the table in a cabnit with a grate in the front of it, im sure it would require a amplifier, perhaps looking to see if there is similar equipment. 

on THAT Endeavor the subwoofer is powered by the Sony DVD/CD/Receiver above the steering wheel. 

- bob

10 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Thinking outside the box i know my HR has a powered subwoofer that sits under the table in a cabnit with a grate in the front of it, im sure it would require a amplifier, perhaps looking to see if there is similar equipment. 

Good idea, but no such luck. I have a subwoofer in the same location. I just searched that area and removed the false bottoms from the cabinets. There were lots of wires but no kenwood receiver. 

5 hours ago, Bill R said:

My 2006 Windsor has a speaker receiver/surround sound box in the overhead cabinet just above the driver's seat.  Is that what you are looking for?  I also have the Kenwood stereo CD/Radio/GPS.

Bill, the kenwood stereo has the head/monitor unit. That has a 20 pin connector that connects to a hidden receiver (per the manual) then the GPS and 10 disk changer connect to it.  The GPS and 10 disk changer are in the cabinet above the driver, but the connect to them is different than the 20 pin on the back of the stereo. I just can't find it.  

9 hours ago, Ivylog said:

08 Navigator’s is under the removal panel top of the dash drivers side.

Brian, I've searched under the driver's dash and it's not there. I have the removable panel, but I don't see it there. I've tried tracing the wire, but it is really hard to follow with the 1000 wires under that dash. 

9 hours ago, Chad A said:

I am a little older and a different model but all that stuff was in the dash in front of the passenger side. 

Access panel is on top of the dash. 

Chad, I've wondered if it is under the passenger dash, but I don't have an access panel. There are no screws in site on the passenger side. 

48 minutes ago, jlynn37064 said:

but the connect to them is different than the 20 pin on the back of the stereo. I just can't find it.  

I'll take a picture of mine when I go out to the coach tomorrow.  The 10 disc CD player was mounted just in front of it but I have removed that.

On my '07 Patriot Thunder (built 09/06), except for the CD changer, it is all on a wooden shelf accessed by the removable dash panel by the steering wheel.

BTW, I added some extra RCA cables to route the rear cam & and Sony sound system to the 2nd monitor on the right of the steering wheel, thus by pressing the source button on that monitor I can switch between GPS, rear camera, and Sony Theater USB music.  I also routed the Sony Theater audio as another audio source to the Kenwood system on the left of the steering wheel.  Thus I can route the Sony to the Kenwood speakers in addition to the Theater speakers.  That also gives be the ability to route the Sony sound to the bedroom speakers independent of the front.

6 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

On my '07 Patriot Thunder (built 09/06), except for the CD changer, it is all on a wooden shelf accessed by the removable dash panel by the steering wheel.

BTW, I added some extra RCA cables to route the rear cam & and Sony sound system to the 2nd monitor on the right of the steering wheel, thus by pressing the source button on that monitor I can switch between GPS, rear camera, and Sony Theater USB music.  I also routed the Sony Theater audio as another audio source to the Kenwood system on the left of the steering wheel.  Thus I can route the Sony to the Kenwood speakers in addition to the Theater speakers.  That also gives be the ability to route the Sony sound to the bedroom speakers independent of the front.

Al, thanks for responding. I've found nothing on the driver's side. I've removed the access panel as well as laid on the floor and with a flashlight. I can see that the cable runs toward the passenger side, but I have access to that side. At least that I'm aware of. 

19 minutes ago, Bill R said:

@jlynn37064Well I discovered that what I was assuming was the receiver in my over head cabinet is actually a speaker switcher for the surround sound system.  My apologies for misleading your search.  Hope you are successful in finding it.

No worries. Thanks for responding.

1 hour ago, grizzly said:

In my Monaco Sig 07, all my Kenwood stuff is under the dash on passenger side accessible from on top of dash. There is an access panel that comes off with 2 screws

0FA04F03-F68A-4347-8B63-A332DB2C077E.heic 2.38 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks for the image. I don’t have an access panel. Just the one removable panel in front of the steering wheel. 

2 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

I guess your '06 is vastly different from my '07 built 09/06.  Here's what I find under the access panel by the steering wheel ... The Alladin,Kenwood, GPS, door/bay locks, etcPXL_20230213_143603987.thumb.jpg.48da79153bbd610a46243c2d13eb06fd.jpgPXL_20230213_143551498.thumb.jpg.1a7266d105b1888fb2c261818fb567ad.jpgPXL_20230213_143537617.thumb.jpg.e1e806e23bb8b1a51a27d9b7d96c7032.jpgPXL_20230213_143514002.thumb.jpg.c843af87481c152cec70b20250a3de72.jpgPXL_20230213_143439545.thumb.jpg.ac43d1f56c800c6ada35dc6e7c88b8cb.jpgPXL_20230213_143429486.thumb.jpg.fae41be2fbeae861ca10fd200220c8e8.jpg

Thanks for sending pictures. My dash is different.  I wish my components were visible. I’m wondering if I need to remove the dash. 

88AE7935-2AEA-41AC-926C-A2709E33149B.jpeg

FBC25F96-F86C-48C4-898B-442DF5562D1A.jpeg

Your dash is definitely different.  I would peek behind what looks like your center dash heat panel and also behind the door switches.  When I was running my extra wires down the pillar and across the dash I was able to reach in and guide the wires.  I wasn't looking to find stuff there, just feed new wires through, so your mileage may vary as to what you can see / manipulate.  My dash heater and switches are swapped with yours plus I have another monitor available to assign video to. Although I've never tried, I would think removing the dash isn't that easy.