Day/Night Blinds

4 hours ago, Keamyinc said:

Everything is in excellent condition.

Not trying to be snarky, but if EVERYTHING was in excellent condition, you wouldn't be having this problem. That said, your blinds have lost their tension. Look behind the valance and you'll see cords attached to a small disk on each side of the blind. Unscrew the disks, re wrap the cords with a little more tension and try it out. If they still fall or drop, add another wrap or two around the disks and try it until you have the tension that's suitable to you. Don't over-tighten or you'll lose the tension more quickly and have to do it all over again.....Dennis

Hi Dennis, thanks for the advise. I had confused topics when I made the comment about everything was in excellent condition as I had two separate conversations on the go. Thanks for pointing this out as I was confused myself. We are new rvers as of this week so as I have already found out I have sooooo much to learn.

Don

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keamyinc said:

Hi Dennis, thanks for the advise. I had confused topics when I made the comment about everything was in excellent condition as I had two separate conversations on the go. Thanks for pointing this out as I was confused myself. We are new rvers as of this week so as I have already found out I have sooooo much to learn.

Don

It's a learning curve, Don. We've all been there. I learn new things every day and I've been doing this a loooong time....Dennis

Tightening up the cord sounds like it will solve your problem.  The little plastic thimbles that the cord wraps around get brittle and I had a couple that cracked.  I did find them at several on line RV stores.   There are also kits to re-string the entire blind  if those strings ever break on you.

For what it is worth, on my 2006 Windsor, it is a continuing issue.  I think over time everyone of those plastic spools will break.  Has anyone found a better spool that could be used, like metal or better plastic, that could be drilled or modified to use.   The other issue with us is the fold if you are not careful.  Does the MCD have this issue.   Lastly, WindsorBill, do you recall the online store where you found the spools?

Rich Cutler '06 Windsor

I quit purchasing the plastic spools made for the shades. I decided to purchase sewing machine bobbins. Plus they have metal ones that you can buy which will never break.

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Like 1

Rich: The MCD shades are roll-up style and not the pleated ones. They have an auto device that enables you to just release and let go and they will roll-up slowly. You can get them in either Shade / Black-out / Shade with Black-out. If you are somewhat handy they are also fairly easy to install yourself. We have the Shade with Black-out on ours and glad we switched. Let me know if you would like me to take a couple of photos so you can see what I am talking about.

28 minutes ago, jrtrades1 said:

For what it is worth, on my 2006 Windsor, it is a continuing issue.  I think over time everyone of those plastic spools will break.  Has anyone found a better spool that could be used, like metal or better plastic, that could be drilled or modified to use.   The other issue with us is the fold if you are not careful.  Does the MCD have this issue.   Lastly, WindsorBill, do you recall the online store where you found the spools?

Rich Cutler '06 Windsor

Cord Retainers

Dennis

46 minutes ago, jrtrades1 said:

Rich Cutler '06 Windsor

Sorry, no I don't recall.  It may have been NW Supply in Bend Oregon.  It's been a few years.

We're changing out all the blinds to the roll up version. No strings and a very clean look, IMO.   We're already changed out the cockpit/windshield area.  I went with AutoMotion, but there are others such as MCD.  Now getting ready to change out the rest of the coach.    Once that's done, I'll have the old ones that I'd be happy to give you.  May be a few months, however.

Edited by windsorbill06

• 3 weeks later...