Voltage while plugged in

63Hotrod

When we’re plugged in with nothing on in the am our inverter panel will show 12.9 full charge zero amps . Turning on any light and shortly we shift to float charge at 13 .7 various amps. It stays this way showing more amps as we turn lights on etc. As long as there is a draw of lights or heater etc it stays in float charge.

Normal ?

Once were home going to draw them down to 12 and recharge a few times as described here on the site

1 hour ago, 63Hotrod said:

When we’re plugged in with nothing on in the am our inverter panel will show 12.9 full charge zero amps . Turning on any light and shortly we shift to float charge at 13 .7 various amps. It stays this way showing more amps as we turn lights on etc. As long as there is a draw of lights or heater etc it stays in float charge.

Normal ?

Once were home going to draw them down to 12 and recharge a few times as described here on the site

Yes.  Suggest you download the Magnum setup file that I posted.  Many folks don’t realize that they need to customize or set up for their needs and the parameters that I recommended are the best for our rigs.  I had the original ME-RC that you have….so the values are correct.

I also uploaded a Battery 101 that many, even experienced users, have said was helpful and informative.

Bottom line…any time you have a DC load like lights or run the water pump or the fans, you pull current out and the voltage drops….so the magnum takes up the slack and tops them off.