Leaky Bathroom Window (Maybe)

I have some ugly streaks showing up under the bathroom window. (See Photo) I have checked the window caulking, upper beltline, window weeps. Everything looks fine. Water is finding a small channel behind the fiberglass and running out at the wet bay door.  Anyone have any suggestions??

Jim Clark

2006 Monaco Executive

Window Issue.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I would be checking the floor of the bathroom versus the window.

I, too, question the leaky window assessment. Especially if you've checked the window and it appears to be solid.  You could have a small leak in the plumbing in the bathroom. This happens. Check first, your plumbing under the sink then go to the toilet.  Unhook your coach from any water supply and turn on your water pump. Leave all faucets etc. off for at least 60 minutes and see if your pump runs. If it does, you most likely have a leak. I have a triangular cover piece in the corner of the bath that hides a lot of wires and some plumbing. Do the simple stuff first. If you don't want to wait around to see if the pump comes on, a small tape recorder/camera in the wet bay will give you your answer.....Dennis

Dennis,

Good suggestion, however this just happens when we get a rain. We are in the Tampa, FL area and have not had much rain until lately. I have taped a piece of white plastic over the area so I can see when it occurs. Suppose to get several inches of rain in the next few days so I will see.

Jim Clark

6 hours ago, jimclark44 said:

Dennis,

Good suggestion, however this just happens when we get a rain. We are in the Tampa, FL area and have not had much rain until lately. I have taped a piece of white plastic over the area so I can see when it occurs. Suppose to get several inches of rain in the next few days so I will see.

Jim Clark

Jim:

I am guessing a belt line opened up. If you cannot find the leak then I can have my tech check it for you. We are located 50 miles north of Tampa in Brooksville.

In our situation, we were getting the brown streaks down the outside of the electric control cabinet in the rear of the RV. We later realized that the rear AC of our 02 Windsor was VERY loose. We had changed it out and probably should have double checked that it was seated snuggly. Hindsight is always 20-20! Since tightening the four mounting bolts inside over bed, we hav not had the problem since.