GOOLOO GP4000 (S vs A) Diesel RATED Jump Starter or Equivalent - Discussion and Pricing Discounts - Amazon

Tom Cherry

Since we have 2 daily driver cars, I bought both the Gooloo and Yesper. 

One word of caution - do NOT store them in a car if the temperature would get above 140 deg F on a hot sunny summer day.  This will damage the lithium battery - an unsafe situation.  This picture was taken out of the FAQ's in the instructions.

Untitled59.jpg

Guest rdetter5009

I bought 2 ADUEW jump starter packs because of tests on u-tube. (It is very helpful to look at tests) I have had them for at least two years now and think they are great. I keep one in my toed and one in my daily driver It starts my 500 HP cummins, With a click-click, like as if the batteries were new.

Look ADUEW up on line for the epower 155, 2,000 mAH, 2,000 amp peak for$82.77

With a rating of 500 amps for 3 seconds and 300 amps for 5 seconds, through 8ga wire, I returned mine to Amazon. Nowhere on the Amazon site were these specs listed.
If you have a weak battery this will certainly help. If you have a severely discharged battery you might need to resort to jumper cables off a strong battery. Just my opinion. 
Maybe someone will need to use theirs and can report the results. I hope I’m wrong, as many folks bought these.

5 hours ago, Happycarz said:

With a rating of 500 amps for 3 seconds and 300 amps for 5 seconds, through 8ga wire, I returned mine to Amazon. Nowhere on the Amazon site were these specs listed.
If you have a weak battery this will certainly help. If you have a severely discharged battery you might need to resort to jumper cables off a strong battery. Just my opinion. 
Maybe someone will need to use theirs and can report the results. I hope I’m wrong, as many folks bought these.

What device are you referring to in your post above?

22 hours ago, rdetter5009 said:

I bought 2 ADUEW jump starter packs because of tests on u-tube. (It is very helpful to look at tests) I have had them for at least two years now and think they are great. I keep one in my toed and one in my daily driver It starts my 500 HP cummins, With a click-click, like as if the batteries were new.

Look ADUEW up on line for the epower 155, 2,000 mAH, 2,000 amp peak for$82.77

if you are talking about the one i listed, folks have used it to jump a Diesel when the House was dead or down.  The reason I purchased is that it will start anything in my fleet, including my emergency generator and I no longer have to keep a $200 Interstate starting battery on a maintainer nor tote a 60 pound battery under the porch to start my lawn tractor.  It should start a diesel with no or no seeming life batteries.  Easier than double connecting two sets of jumpers.  it will definitely crank the gernny....once running and getting a  surface charge on the chassis....with the genny running and the unit hooked up and the boost switch, most diesels will crank unless it near 20 deg....my logic....more useful around the house and definitely an aid, assuming you understand and use it properly for the Camelot

Guest Ray Davis
10 hours ago, Happycarz said:

Harry,  are you saying GP4000 is not 4000 amps as claimed?   Was the 500 & 300 amp the specs that was on the unit when you received it?

Edited by Ray Davis

10 hours ago, Happycarz said:

Doesn't a pair of group 31's put out like 1900CCA?

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Doesn't a pair of group 31's put out like 1900CCA?

Yep they should but you don't even need that much . I just replaced both mine last week and the 9 years old batteries tested at 650 and 350CCA. They just got a bit slower with the ISM over winter and I don't like burning up starter contacts. I still kept the better one for things around the shop. My NoCo Boost does not provide any power unless connected to battery and it will cycle to give it a charge in short blasts.

The included paperwork had the specs on it.  The two wires to the clamps are 8ga with a thin barrel connectors that slide onto the pins at the battery pack. With the one clamp being large, it may have a capacitor in it to give an instantaneous surge of current. Dunno, just guessing. 

Here is a recent, January 2023, review on Amazon of the upgraded GT4000S GOOLOO which is the unit I decided to purchase.

Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2023

The best feature is its jump starting capability. Just clamp onto the battery, get the READY indication, get into the vehicle and start it up. Next best, it does supply a good variety of auxiliary power for 12 vdc items that would be run off vehicle accessory (cigarette lighter) plugs as well as USB chargeable devices. Finally I like the digital displays that show the percent capacity (0-100%) of the unit's battery pack and the watts of power it is delivering to accessories or receiving for its recharge. Both of these readouts show reasonable accuracy with respect to electrical test equipment I have. Only thing Gooloo could do better on this model would be provide display metrics for amp-hours and watt-hours of energy to help manage the battery pack energy more wisely during use. But it is after all just a simple consumer product.

Most of my disappointment with the Gooloo GT4000S falls within a couple of areas. First, the metrics in its specifications mislead and confused me. The 4000 peak amps seems to be just plain mythical hype. Even the 500/800 amp for a 3/5-second starting amp rating is a bit far fetched. The jumper leads themselves are merely #8 gauge wire not truly rated to withstand such enormous starting current. And inside the GT4000S, its crucial protection relay is rated for only about a 10th of that starting current. For long, trouble-free service life, this device' operation is likely premised on quick starting success with ample assist from the vehicle's battery. Lots of harsh service could likely result in early failure or degraded battery longevity.

A puzzling metric in the specs is the milliamp-hour rating of 28,600 with a mere 99.2 watt-hours of battery pack gross energy. I deduced that this enormous rating of milliamps was with respect to capability dealing with USB devices that would charge with nominal 3.7 vdc operating voltage. However, when using the GT4000S as a power station for 12 vdc devices, you wouldn't likely have enough capacity to supply those kind devices over an hour or two. This should be more truly portrayed by a 7,000 milliamp-hour rating with respect to the internal Li-ion pack's nominal 14.8 DC voltage rating, that being what your 12V devices are actually working with.

Finally, the provisions the GT4000S has for recharging its internal battery are a mixed bag. They include just a couple of USB-C cables, but no AC outlet power supplies for them. With typical USB AC adapters many people already possess, you could expect to AC charge the GT4000S from nothing over 5-10 hours. If you have a 60/100 watt USB-C AC adapter, you can cut that time down to 1.0-1.5 hours. Or if you use the provided USB-C cable that plugs into a vehicle accessory receptacle, with the vehicle running you can accomplish a100% charge in an hour as well. However, I found that the red colored charge cable provided becomes surprisingly warm after just a few minutes. It is delivering a solid 100 watts of charging all the while. I suspect this might not be the preferred full charging method for the GT4000S, more just a short (20-30%) boost to get into play enough to start a vehicle.

In summary, I was intending to purchase the GT4000S mainly as power station with more utility than just a 2-3X per year personal vehicle jump starter. But I needed to decipher their specs more clearly to see that I should spend $100 more on something like a Gooloo GTx 280. This model provides much more "true" battery capacity for succeeding well at all the power station functions as solely at jump starting. Time will tell whether "rationing" of the power station will prove too tedious for me to find the GT4000S as broadly useful as I had hoped."

GOOLOO GT4000S above is "Currently unavailable. "

That said, the GOOLOO 4000A "SuperSafe" $129.99, the GOOLOO GP4000 $99.99 and the GOOLOO GP3000 $109.99 are available.  But the reviewer wished he had bought the GOOLOO GTX280 $224.99.  No, not confusing at all.  🙄

My K-Mart $9.99 jumper cables from 1975 are still working fine.  And I thought I paid too much at the time . . . .

- bob

The specs I posted above were from memory of the included spec sheet I read.

Reading the questions about the Gooloo GP4000 are as Bill stated, 800A for 3s, 500A for 5s. My mistake.

As long as engine turns over fast and starts immediately, this booster would work. In the case of a long cranking time, you might be in trouble. It would be interesting if someone were to disconnect the coach battery, clamp on the Gooloo GP4000 to see how it did.  The seller states that is possible with a car.