A/C recharging on a cummins engine !!

AlainD

Any AC repair shop for auto / trucks.

Nothing special.  Easier than a car.

The issue will be "where did the freon go?".  If you need a recharge, then there is a leak that needs to be repaired first.

And how do you know a recharge is needed?

Sounds like you need basic AC diagnostics first, then if low charge, to find the leak (the hard part) and then to repair the leak (depends on what it is) and THEN evacuate and recharge.

The only thing that is different from an RV to a Car is:  The hoses are longer, the parts are generally more accessible on an RV, and the control systems are generally simpler on an RV.  The downside is the shop has to want to work on a long vehicle.

Edited by DavidL
  • Like 2

When I bought my rig in 2008 the AC didn't work.  I bought one of the refrigerant recharge bottles and put it in and the AC took off.  It was probably low enough that it prevented the compressor from kicking on.  It lasted for +10 years. 

Had to recharge it again in 2021, so if I have to do it every once in a while I can live with that.

Guest Ray Davis

If the compressor is turning it probably just need a little refrigerant added.   As Jim stated above,  you can do that yourself.   Walmart or any auto parts store sells kits to do it.  Just add until the needle is in the green.   RVs are notorious for seeping refrigerant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...