Turbo oil supply line seepage

Last fall I noticed that what I believe is the oil supply line to the turbo might be starting to seep a bit.  The line is a braided one and it crosses and touches a solid metal line on its way to the turbo. Looking at it (without the camera) I could see the faintest small section of darkness around the contact point, now looking at the photos I looks like the entire line is saturated with oil? It didn't look that bad with out the flash...

IMG_3598.thumb.JPG.0871eaaa64df28f9b0523e3a50c1110f.JPGIMG_3600.thumb.JPG.4a2454313940fd0f292e7805bdaf70d0.JPG

So it would appear prudent for me to replace that braided line if possible.  Thoughts?

Any idea where I could get a replacement? Also not relishing the thought of trying to remove that rusty fitting on the turbo.

Cummins C8.3 (mechanical).

If you have a Cummins Quickserve account you can go in and look up the part number.  Then use the number to do a search, I looked at mine, easiest way to find it on Quickserve is to go to parts/system view and the look at turbo pluming,  There is a supply and return line.  Both my parts were readily available. 

When I had to replace the exhaust manifold on my rig in 2015 I had to remove the turbo line, it wasn't that bad and the fittings broke loose pretty easily. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

Last fall I noticed that what I believe is the oil supply line to the turbo might be starting to seep a bit.  The line is a braided one and it crosses and touches a solid metal line on its way to the turbo. Looking at it (without the camera) I could see the faintest small section of darkness around the contact point, now looking at the photos I looks like the entire line is saturated with oil? It didn't look that bad with out the flash...

IMG_3598.thumb.JPG.0871eaaa64df28f9b0523e3a50c1110f.JPGIMG_3600.thumb.JPG.4a2454313940fd0f292e7805bdaf70d0.JPG

So it would appear prudent for me to replace that braided line if possible.  Thoughts?

Any idea where I could get a replacement? Also not relishing the thought of trying to remove that rusty fitting on the turbo.

Cummins C8.3 (mechanical).

Like you, I just shudder looking at the turbo. All I see is an expensive turbo replacement cost.

Gary 05 AMB DST

I replaced that supply line with a longer 1 routed away from the manifolds heat. At 158000 plus miles and lots of LEARNING  situations i have replaced and had several turbos replaced. The last 1 replaced was a new china made cheapo that the v band clamp area snapped OFF crossing some rough road in Las Vegas. the china made copy was under 300 bucks. Replacement unit was at the time the last new holset in the U.S..right at 800 dollars noon the next day delivery, AND I had to explain the clocking procedures to the mechanics.

Wayne K 95 exec

49 minutes ago, welleking said:

I replaced that supply line with a longer 1 routed away from the manifolds heat. At 158000 plus miles and lots of LEARNING  situations i have replaced and had several turbos replaced. The last 1 replaced was a new china made cheapo that the v band clamp area snapped OFF crossing some rough road in Las Vegas. the china made copy was under 300 bucks. Replacement unit was at the time the last new holset in the U.S..right at 800 dollars noon the next day delivery, AND I had to explain the clocking procedures to the mechanics.

Wayne K 95 exec

The re-routing sounds like a good idea. Something I would consider. What engine in 95 exec? 

Edited by Ivan K