Throttle position sensor fix (EDITED - THREE topics merged) Newer ones Teleflex and Kongsberg System

08 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance 

Hey everyone,  I have posted about this a couple times on other sites and still have not solved my problem. My TPS (throttle position sensor) went bad and we have to replace the intire assembly. I have found and downloaded the electrical schematics 279 pages which is great to have but it does not include the Accelerator petal circuit. I have called REV they gave me the part number and original manufacturer but that company sold it to a few more companies and is no longer available and supported. The shop that's its in has tried a few newer Accelerator petal assemblies with the same plugs but they aren't working correctly and throw codes as shown on the first picture. I have called as well as the shop that has the coach so many companies and all dead ends.  Please help I can't be the only one that has,had this problem.  I have tried IRV2, searched this page as well as Bill D Monacoers.org  and nothing new to help. All advice is very much appreciated. 

David

Who manufactured your original throttle assembly?

Was it Kongsberg?

What engine is in your coach?  The reason I ask is the throttle position sensor must communicate with the engine ECM.

Do you still have the original throttle position sensor?  If so, don't let it out of your sight!

• Like 1

The schematic for the throttle position sensor is available through Cummins Quickserve.  Here is a screenshot for your 08 dynasty with a CM2150 ISL.

The Electronic Control Module OEM connection wiring is what Monaco installed following the Cummins schematic.

The throttle position sensor is not plug and play.  I assume that the sensors tried met the resistance requirements from Cummins for full throttle and no throttle positions and resistance through the rest of the throttle range.  In addition each new TPS must be calibrated to the ECM before it will work.

PXL_20221007_191420617.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to replace my Kongsburg sensor. Not sure if yours is the same. Bought mine off EBay. Even bought a spare.D2A33470-9198-4C9A-83F9-15C43D4D247E.thumb.jpeg.f514f7512e5b66136350c6af8431c182.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Updated March/4/2023

We picked Up the coach this past Thursday and all is working well. Our total repair bill for all parts,labor and R&D was $6400.00. Now that it's done and we developed the repair it should cost aprox. $3000.00. We will be sharing the repair method free for all as karma. I intend to call all the shops we called around the country and told us it could not be done including REV Group. Not sure how to share the repair on this forum but if you or someone you know has,had this problem reach out to me and I can email it to you with pat numbers. 

Thanks

David 

Update; February 25 2023

After months of research and 4 months in two different shops and the help from 5 major companies we believe we are the first one in the country to have a fix. We called every shop we could find or referred to even REV and their electronic companies they use to no avail. We were told by everyone the problem as stated below had no known repair. Electrical Engineers at Cummins, Allison,  Williams controls,  Pete's Diesel and Smith Power Products all helped in a first ever permanent fix. 

I will post an update when we pick it up next week as well as the total repair for this. As I stated above everyone around the country told us it would be a paper weight and no fix was possible. NOT ANYMORE.  Yeah us.

Hey everyone,  I have posted about this a couple times and still have not solved my problem. My TPS (throttle position sensor) went bad and we have to replace the intire assembly. I have found and downloaded the electrical schematics 279 pages which is great to have but it does not include the Accelerator petal circuit. I have called REV they gave me the part number and original manufacturer but that company sold it to a few more companies and is no longer available and supported. The shop that's its in has tried a few newer Accelerator petal assemblies with the same plugs but they aren't working correctly and throw codes as shown on the first picture. I have called as well as the shop that has the coach so many companies and all dead ends.  Please help I can't be the only one that has,had this problem.  I have tried IRV2, searched this page as well as Bill D Monacoers.org  and nothing new to help. All advice is very much appreciated. 

David

• Like 4

David, sounds like a home run.  I do not know your engine configuration so I don’t know if your fix should b something I should keep in my back pocket. I have a safari with an ISL 370, if you have an ISL XXX I would be interested in your parts list. The moderators may add it to the parts lists or technical bulletins that are available for download.

Thanks,

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, David Kast said:

Updated March/4/2023

We picked Up the coach this past Thursday and all is working well. Our total repair bill for all parts,labor and R&D was $6400.00. Now that it's done and we developed the repair it should cost aprox. $3000.00. We will be sharing the repair method free for all as karma. I intend to call all the shops we called around the country and told us it could not be done including REV Group. Not sure how to share the repair on this forum but if you or someone you know has,had this problem reach out to me and I can email it to you with pat numbers. 

Thanks

David 

Update; February 25 2023

After months of research and 4 months in two different shops and the help from 5 major companies we believe we are the first one in the country to have a fix. We called every shop we could find or referred to even REV and their electronic companies they use to no avail. We were told by everyone the problem as stated below had no known repair. Electrical Engineers at Cummins, Allison,  Williams controls,  Pete's Diesel and Smith Power Products all helped in a first ever permanent fix. 

I will post an update when we pick it up next week as well as the total repair for this. As I stated above everyone around the country told us it would be a paper weight and no fix was possible. NOT ANYMORE.  Yeah us.

Hey everyone,  I have posted about this a couple times and still have not solved my problem. My TPS (throttle position sensor) went bad and we have to replace the intire assembly. I have found and downloaded the electrical schematics 279 pages which is great to have but it does not include the Accelerator petal circuit. I have called REV they gave me the part number and original manufacturer but that company sold it to a few more companies and is no longer available and supported. The shop that's its in has tried a few newer Accelerator petal assemblies with the same plugs but they aren't working correctly and throw codes as shown on the first picture. I have called as well as the shop that has the coach so many companies and all dead ends.  Please help I can't be the only one that has,had this problem.  I have tried IRV2, searched this page as well as Bill D Monacoers.org  and nothing new to help. All advice is very much appreciated. 

David

Please look at your messages.  I sent you a private message about how to proceed to post the details on our download files.  Files can only be viewed be group members.

• Like 1

I’m also curious as my Throttle Positioning Sensor died back in 2018. But got lucky that Tom Cherry found the pedal and sensor on eBay. They were new with slight damage at connections but ordered, removed old, replaced and plugged in new one and drove back home to Oregon from Ohio. 

• Like 1

David,

Congratulations! I've seen and read a number of threads on this issue and as a retired electronics engineer had often felt that it could be solved. I'll watch for the solution to be posted as I think it will be great reading!

Again, congratulations. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Please look at your messages.  I sent you a private message about how to proceed to post the details on our download files.  Files can only be viewed be group members.

File was uploaded to the Monaco Technical Tips. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mike Fluharty said:

Would it be possible to add a picture or drawing of the bracket you had to make to adapt the foot feed?

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Great idea,  I will get ahold of the shop that did the fabrication for a drawing and add to the file.

Thanks for your feedback 

David 

• 8 months later...

I am looking for a TPS for my 07 Dynasty. I have talked to UltraRV products and they do not stock one for my 07  Dynasty. I have found the part # on my existing unit, 050G-E4634 but have not been able to locate any supplier for this unit. I saw on one post it is no longer made. If any one has any suggestions as to where I may locate one I would appreciate knowing. I did find one used one and that may be the way I will have to go.

Thanks

Dan

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Throttle position sensor fix (EDITED - THREE topics merged) Newer ones Teleflex and Kongsberg System

I just merged three topics, including the one just posted.  If you do a Search for Throttle Position Sensor....there are TWO additional topics.  It is requested, per the rules, that  a search be done.

Here is what I found... AGAIN from MEMORY.  I THINK, but @Frank McElroy probably has more information or else has an email or updated the parts list, but there was, at least on the Cummins' engines, only ONE TPS.  This was part, I recall of the total brake/accelerator system or the Adjustable pedals.  Therefore, a NON-Adjustable or an Adjustable pedal assembly SHOULD have the SAME TPS.

Here is some quick research....

Telefex model 67076-001

https://www.lumbermenonline.com/ManufacturedPDFs/35/RVInfo2.pdf

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/09-knight-kongsberg-pedal-sensor-failure-436112.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/08-camelot-throttle-position-sensor-problem-126061.html

OKI...I have been down this path before.  There is an expensive FIX that is in our files.  Williams, who is still in business has a unit that will work.  Not a OMG, but close job....depending on your skill set.  It is in one of the posts.  You can download the File.

If you use the above link, I followed it, many years ago.  I actually chased down the rep in the post.  He said.....BASICALLY....there is NO REPLACEMENT PART out there.  They discontinued and he was sort of like the "Last of the Mohicans" and he helped people out.  There USED to be a lot of these on ebay.  I could KICK myself for not buying one....but then they show up every once and a while.  The unit was manufactured by Kongsberg.  They had a recall of them....not for the TPS or the "sensor" assembly, but for a potential "mechanical" issue.  Kongsberg, whom I worked with as an UNPAID consultant...as I felt sorry for the QC guy that had NEVER done a major Automotive recall came up with a bracket.  You installed it.  MANY did, but probably only 20% or so were ever "modified".  The failure that most have....is NOT PART OF THE MECHANICAL ISSUES.....just...."I ain't working no more".  You can do a WHOLE lot of GOOGLING use the Model number (67076-001).  Teleflex, MEMORY...and VERY SKETCHY....USED to have a "rheostat" for lack of a better name or the actual "rotating part" that would interchange....and you had to do some wiring mods....but it worked.

That's about it for my brain....other than this pops up from time to time....and probably, as our rigs age out....more and MORE.

• Like 1