I have lost track of how many modifications we have made to our coach. Guess it would behoove me to compile a list. The latest major mod was to replace the curtains in the windshield are with MCD shades.

456904198_Dayshadehalfwaydownreduced.thumb.jpg.237c5b14e6d9acd7ecc7fcbc255d2053.jpg921150572_MCDwindshieldshadereduced.thumb.jpg.125675fd0414b1f43ea18432c38cd1c6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Bob.... Is that a soundbar you have under your TV?

You could't have gotten that lucky to find a TV and soundbar that fit the opening perfectly...... Did you??

Ben,

Yes that is a soundbar but it is part of the television, which is a Viewsonic model. It came from the factory with a Viewsonic flat screen television. We purchased the coach when it was one year old and the television had a problem. That was in October 2007 and at the time I was able to find the Viewsonic one model newer that still had the same dimensions and replaced the unit. It has been a good unit and does have a digital tuner so no need for converters. The televisions in the bedroom was the old fashion CRT type and I removed it and replaced it with a Vizio. Had to do a little cabinet work but it turned out nicely and I mounted it on slides with a stealth removable  panel so all that space behind the television can be access if one desires.

6 hours ago, robert5158@att.net said:

Bob......

Did you install the MCD shade yourself ? Did you leave partial curtains for driver/pasenger side windows ?

Robert Barton

2003 HR Endeavor

Yes I did the work myself. About 6 years ago I replaced all the Day/Night shades with MCD shades but the wife wanted to hold on to the curtains in the cab area. When one of the sunshades broke I told her I was not going to repair it because there were big gaps where sun shines thru. I took out all the curtains and the curtain track. Put manual MCD shades on the side windows and door and electric on the windshield. Now the coach has MCD on all the windows.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Very nice work.  Those front windshield shades are not the easiest things in the world to install.  I just had mine down to do some work around the dash and corner post areas.  We have the motorized on all the cockpit shades.  At night, one button sends them all down to the correct length to black out the entire cockpit, in the morning one button will bring them all back up.  Pricey, but very nice.

Woody Miller

• 1 year later...

Carol never liked the curtains in the cockpit of our 2006 Endeavor. Opening and closing them required leaning across the dash. They were susceptible to damage if caught in an open window or door.

Sooo, when visiting the Tampa RV Supershow in January 2022 we stopped by the MCD booth and asked about cockpit shades for our 2006 Endeavor. We had some questions and the MCD reps had some questions. By the time we left the booth we both had a pretty good idea about what needed to be done. The "show special" pricing was 25 percent off regular catalog prices for the hardware; labor was $120 per hour. MCD has 5 50A hookups available to RV customers at no charge. In August we called to make an appointment for the installation. After attending the FMCA Convention in Lincoln, NE, we turned south and headed to McKinney, TX for a Sunday evening arrival. The next morning Bill Harrington, the sales manager we met at the Tampa show and two MCD technicians came out to plan the installation. They took very careful measurements. Within about 30 minutes we were called to the office to go over the price for the system. I reminded the Bill that we had met at the Tampa show and asked if the show price was still available. He said it was. That reduced the hardware price by about $500. 

The MCD factory produces about 3,000 shades per day.* On-site orders usually don't get into the production schedule until Wednesday. Bill's promise was that our job would be completed by 3:30P on Friday. As a pleasant surprise, the techs came out to our coach on Wednesday afternoon with our shades and their tools. They were able to remove all of the old curtains and tracks and trial fit the hardware. The next day they returned and finished the job. Now all of our windows have MCD shades, and I have a happy wife!

The bottom line for our project was a little less than $2,000 ($1,500 for hardware, about $500 for labor). We regarded it well spent.

Roger Smalley
2006 HR Endeavor PDQ

*A note of interest for the car enthusiasts of the '60s: According to Bill, the building they occupy was built by Carroll Shelby of Shelby GT 500 fame. The facade resembles a Cracker Barrel restaurant complete with rocking chairs on the expansive porch. An addition to the building was added to serve as bulk material storage and shipping/receiving. We saw FedEX and UPS trucks arrive and depart daily. The main entrance door consists of four panels hinged together so that they could open wide enough to bring in a display car. The reception desk now sits in that location. It appears that Shelby did not produce cars in this facility, but instead made chili (Carrol Shelby White Chili kits). See the Wikipedia entry for Carroll Shelby and http://www.mcdinnovations.com for more information.