Stereo replacement suggestion

Good morning, first day n first post glad to be here.  I have an 07 HR Endeavor and I am looking to upgrade the in dash stereo.   Currently the CD will not eject, I figure it’s time to upgrade to a stereo with Bluetooth that will still play movies through it  

Anyone here make this change, if so pros and cons    

thnx  

Some of the new dash radio's have a 7 or even 9" screen that you can watch video with.

They often have a wire going to the parking brake switch to prevent you from watching a movie travelling down the road.

Edited by 96 EVO

Was looking online at a few of these units the other day and thought "Wow, $1800CAD for a car stereo", but then quickly remembered having that or more invested in equipment in my hotrods in the late 70's!

Compare wages from then to now, it would be about $5000!

I'm in the same boat looking to replace my old Kenwood KVT-M700.  It has to be a single DIN though so I can't use the one you got Scotty.  I've looked at a BOSS BE9ACP-C (~$300)  ,  A SONY XAV-AX8100 (~$600)  ,  A Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX (~$1200)  ,  and also a ATOTO F7 XE (F7G110XE)  $???.  These have a video input but I don't know if I need a dedicated rear view camera input or just a video input or both.  I've never heard of a BOSS or ATOTO unit so know nothing about them.

21 hours ago, Gweedo said:

Good morning, first day n first post glad to be here.  I have an 07 HR Endeavor and I am looking to upgrade the in dash stereo.   Currently the CD will not eject, I figure it’s time to upgrade to a stereo with Bluetooth that will still play movies through it  

Anyone here make this change, if so pros and cons    

thnx  

I’ll clarify, I put movie cd’s in my in dash unit to watch movies on the coaches tv system and surround sound. Not watching on the in dash unit.  I was looking to upgrade to a newer in dash unit to do the same if possible.  So I see there are some options, just wanted to see if anyone has done it.    Thnx for the replies I think I have enough info now.  Safe travels!

I replaced mine with a BOSS BV9986BI (no longer available) for $230.  It has a ton of features but I find it very difficult to operate while driving - awkward viewing angle, tiny nomenclature and not very intuitive.  And now it blocks seeing my HVAC controls.  Fortunately the HVAC controls are stone-age intuitive. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S55GWK/  but it does do the job.  While no longer available I'm sure there are comparable replacements.  The BOSS line has been around for awhile.  It's not Pioneer or Kenwood and not priced like those. 

Pretty much all of my original 2003 speakers are rotted (cloth suspension disintegrated) so I was looking for speaker replacements . . . .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047PPR2A/

but at $40 / spkr x 8 throughout the coach it's more than I want to spend.  Then again, I could replace just a few.

Thoughts on the quality vs price of this Micca brand speaker?

That said I typically plug in the ear buds while driving for clearer sound. 

- bob

Guys I replaced my old stock unit, (Magnadyne) with a 10" touch screen with bluetooth, GPS and much more from Bangood for a reasonable price, ($200+), now I had to do some mods to the console because the unit covers my switches for Gen start, radio switch and step cover. I simply just use my fingers to excess behind the unit and operate the switches.