Mile

What are you going to do with yourself when you can’t find anything to improve or fix?  

Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Added 50a Progressive Industries EMS

progressive_industries_ems.jpg

Added lock box to propane bay with a full set of keys.  Just in case.

lock_box.jpg

Replaced the 1/8" thick living room slide glides with 1/4" Teflon.  Who ever installed the original glides used sealant to bulge up the plastic glide between the screws so the screw heads wouldn't rub.  A real mess.  I've noticed that some Beaver and Safari's have these glides.  Seems most don't.  Don't know if this was done at the factory, a warranty repair  or afterwards by some shop.  These Teflon glides keep the entire floor from dragging/scraping while going in and out.   Haven't figured out why the bottom of the slide is so scratched up.

teflon_glides.jpg

15 hours ago, McHughes said:

Jeeesus,  I don't know.  Wife has said I can't get another coach..

Ya. My wife says the same thing but it’s going to happen in a couple years.  I enjoy working on improvements to my coach too but after owning it for 5 years now I’m having a hard time finding things to do. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, McHughes said:

Added 50a Progressive Industries EMS

progressive_industries_ems.jpg

Added lock box to propane bay with a full set of keys.  Just in case.

lock_box.jpg

Replaced the 1/8" thick living room slide glides with 1/4" Teflon.  Who ever installed the original glides used sealant to bulge up the plastic glide between the screws so the screw heads wouldn't rub.  A real mess.  I've noticed that some Beaver and Safari's have these glides.  Seems most don't.  Don't know if this was done at the factory, a warranty repair  or afterwards by some shop.  These Teflon glides keep the entire floor from dragging/scraping while going in and out.   Haven't figured out why the bottom of the slide is so scratched up.

teflon_glides.jpg

You might check your slide roller, for the cause of the scratches on the slide bottom. The round rubber tube recessed into the roller on one of my bedroom slides, had managed to come half way out of the roller. This caused the metal roller to make direct contact with the slide bottom, scratching it and cracking the white plastic slide bottom cover. I haven’t figured out yet how to fix this. It’s a very tight space. I guess I’m going to have to slightly jack up the slide, so I can remove the old rubber on the roller and replace it. 

There are no rollers on the living room slide.  The slide travels on a long nylon block on the floor and is dragged across it when it goes in and out.  With the Teflon plates it  glides on the two ends instead of the entire floor.  Much less resistance.

It is the diagonal scratches that confuse me.