Engine air duct

Go to solution Solved by Gweedo,

Hello all, I installed a new air filter and in doing so I noticed the air ducting (flexible corrugated material) that connects to the air filter intake had a few holes in it.  Have any of you replaced this piece?  if so is it one piece that goes all the way up to the outside air intake?  where did you find it?  or do I need to buy a universal and cut to length.  is this a PITB job?  thnx

I replaced the air intake hose a few years back on my previous Windsor. I ordered it from an eBay vendor.

If I remember correctly it was 7 inches in diameter and I only needed a foot or so. The hose clamped onto an opening at the bottom of the air intake chamber and the other end clamped onto the intake of the air filter.

Is the ductwork on the Intake side of the Air Filter canister or on the Outtake side?  If it's on the Out side, then your Air Filter isn't doing anything as dust / dirt will enter the engine via the holes....not good.  At a minimum, use Duct Tape and fix the holes before the RV gets started.

Yes, this type of ducting is available by the foot.  Measure the diameter and the length.

Edited by DavidL

1 hour ago, Gweedo said:

Hello all, I installed a new air filter and in doing so I noticed the air ducting (flexible corrugated material) that connects to the air filter intake had a few holes in it.  Have any of you replaced this piece?  if so is it one piece that goes all the way up to the outside air intake?  where did you find it?  or do I need to buy a universal and cut to length.  is this a PITB job?  thnx

On my 05 Ambassadsor, I can't see a connection for the air duct up to the air intake. The air duct could have been attached to the air intake after the tail section (?) had been attached to the walls, but before the inner walls were built. You may have to cut the existing air duct and install a connector piece. Be careful with the existing air duct. It is probably very brittle. Too much stress could tear it up toward the intake.

Gary 05 AMB DST

I replaced that corrigated intake hose, with a lot of air friction going on in it, with Aluminum tubing and rubber fittings like the Class 8 trucks use. What a great performance enhancement. https://www.intakehoses.com/     Also changed to a AFE air filter, and a Resonator , which replaced the muffler.  Here is the results shown on my Aladdin Screen. ISX 525 in a 07 Executive. *****Cruising Average.*****

I cruised at 61-62 MPH.

zpfile001.jpg

Edited by Paul A.

Oops sorry just re-read your post regarding the resonator.   That’s pretty good mileage but I need to cruise at least 65 mph.   I ran secret hotshots diesel extreme through a tank n my power n mileage increased.  I use everyday treatment on each fill up. 

12 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I replaced that corrigated intake hose, with a lot of air friction going on in it, with Aluminum tubing and rubber fittings like the Class 8 trucks use. What a great performance enhancement. https://www.intakehoses.com/     Also changed to a AFE air filter, and a Resonator , which replaced the muffler.  Here is the results shown on my Aladdin Screen. ISX 525 in a 07 Executive. *****Cruising Average.*****

I cruised at 61-62 MPH.

zpfile001.jpg

Pat, I see that Hot Shot is used every 6000 mi. Not knowing when DEF began, do you add an additive to the fuel to add sulphur to the fuel?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Edited by Gary 05 AMB DST
misspell

2 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Pat, I see that Hot Shot is used every 6000 mi. Not knowing when DEF began, do you add an additive to the fuel to add sulphur to the fuel?

Gary 05 AMB DST

DEF came out in 2010 models.

16 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

16 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

That is correct, the extreme is every 6k miles.   Yes I use the EDT (everyday treatment) on every fill up, boosts the Cetane up.   I also use there Stiction with my oil changes.  Runs awesome.  I don't think DEF has any effects, but you would need to look at their wen site.  I'm pretty certain it says all diesels, my buddy run the EDT in his 2022 pickup  

I also run it in my 2018 ram diesel and my 2021 jeep diesel.  both have DEF.