Leader Board and suggestion on "Staff"

CountryB

What is the "Leader Board" - I thought it might be the members with the highest posts, but that is not it (some only have three posts). How does one become a Leader?

Also, a suggestion for the "Staff" thread/list. How about posting a little biography about the Staff - like how many years a motor-coach (or Monaco) owner, or any specific training (RVA or mechanical background), whatever is appropriate. It would be interesting to know a little more about the staff here.

Thanks Mike!  

I haven’t spent much time looking at the leaderboard, so I can’t tell you much about it. It’s one of the default features of this software. 

I do like the idea of posting more about the “staff”. We’re all volunteers, so staff isn’t really the right term, but the idea of giving more information about the group leadership is a good one. 

Thanks Ron.  We actually added that feature, but your note made me realize it was somehow disabled. 

Go to Account -> Profile, the in the upper right click “Edit Profile”. You can add information in the “About Me” section. 

To view another users info, just click on their name/icon. 

I went into Profile and added some info "about me" (my background, hobbies, etc.) but then I see it posts the entire profile ("About Me") under my avatar on each post. That takes up a lot of space and is not what I expected, so I just limited my profile info to what I think is relevant to this forum (with regards to Coach repair/ownership).

Maybe that is how this site/forum works. On other forums, there is a profile section that is only shown when a curious member clicks on someones avatar. If that is a setting that can be turned on for this site, it is preferable, IMO, to having the entire profile displayed with each post.

And Thanks for the forum and your work hosting and moderating it.

Edited by CountryB

Scotty, I'm reading all these suggestions and have no idea who the folks responding are. No more signatures?  Never mind, just found if you click on the profile of that person you get their bio.  Again, great work. 

Edited by pahrump_joel
Add comment

Ok gang!  I've added a "profile" field that doesn't show when posting, and changed the old profile field to "Brief Bio" that DOES show when posting.  If you look at my posts, you'll see my "Brief Bio" by my name.  If you click on my name and view my profile, you can read the longer version with more detail.