Aria Toilet squeaks

daveyjo

I have the same toilet. I always thought that the squeaky sound was from the moving rubber flap, sticking" a little on the sides of the slot that it goes in to. I have tried many suggestions from people, including Vaseline, white silicone grease, WD-40, etc. and I think the most affective was the Vaseline. Some will say that the Vaseline ingredients will hurt the rubber, but who knows. I consider the noise more of a nuisance than the rubber concern.

Bill

I tried Vasoline and it didn't work.  Then I tried it again but using a brush to reach well into the blade groove and that seemed to work.  Haven't got any silicone grease yet to try next.  Thanks for the feedback.

Dave Jones

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 3:08 PM, OhReally said:

As Jim said above but be sure to use silicone grease. It's waterproof and available at any Lowe's or home Depot. Use on the blade also instead of the Vaseline which doesn't last.

Both tries with Vaseline failed very quickly.  The silicone grease has worked quite well for several days.  I wasn't familiar with silicon grease, but found some at Ace hardware in the plumbing supply area.  Apparently it is used in plumbing applications where there is water (like lubricating a faucet) involved.  Great advice, thanks for the responses.