Allison 4000 temp sensor

I am unable to check the fluid level at the control panel of my Allison 4000 transmission on my ‘05 Signature because I can’t get the Temp gauge or Aladdin temp reading to the minimum reading for the panel to give the fluid level code. I continue to get the code indicating the tranny temp is too low, even after driving for hours. Both the gauge and the Aladdin temp readings will bounce 20  to 30 degrees at times and never match one another.

Does the gauge and the Aladdin use the same sensor from the tranny? Which sensor reading does the Allison control panel use in order to allow you to see the fluid level? Where is that sensor located on that transmission? I’m stumped  

Thanks for your help!

My dash temp gauge on Allison 4060 is fed from a sensor on output line to the cooler. Towards front of vehicle, just above the the pan. The pad indicates temperature measured by internal sender, inside the transmission. not accessible externally. If you don't have the external sensor, then everything might be controlled by the internal one. But if you do and both show low temp, then there is something else going on. Hopefully at least the cold measurement through dipstick shows ok?

Thanks Ivan. I just had the transmission serviced A few weeks ago and the tech said he filled it on the stick between med and full. It is a bear to get to the dipstick. I had the same issue before the transmission service so I know he didn’t cause it.

I’ll look to see if I can find an external sensor but it sounds like the internal sensor is bad if that is what controls the shifter pad. 

Thanks again!

I talked to Allison about the dip stick level check and he said the only level indicator they use is the electronic one. They have no idea how the manufacture located the tube. You might drive up a big hill to get the remap up and the find a level spot with the coach level and run the check.