Tire Mount Demount tool works on my 255/70R22.5 GY Endurance.

Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

29 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Brand new,  are you kidding?  Do you know what those things cost?  Next time I buy tires I'm gonna make them show me the yellow dot & tell them where to put it.

I kept my old rear tires last time and those 295s are heavy.   A skinny Hispanic man about 35 & all muscle & bone loaded them in my PU.  I'm sure he could see that the  old man would never be able to swing them up and in.  Of course, he was right,  I might pull something just trying.   I did sell those tires but I'm not sure it was worth the hassle.  Sold them to a used tire shop for IIRC $100 each,  that's $400,  maybe it was worth the hassle. LOL

Wish I had the opportunity to do the same, but we replace our tires on our way south, and don't have a pickup for a towed!

I mentioned it once, but the Les S******** won't give us anything for our gently used takeoffs 🤬

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

Wish I had the opportunity to do the same, but we replace our tires on our way south, and don't have a pickup for a towed!

I mentioned it once, but the Les S******** won't give us anything for our gently used takeoffs 🤬

And I bet you had to pay a disposal fee on top of that. That one time I had a truck tire shop charge me big for disposal only to see a couple of them still on their shelf for sale at $250 piece few days later. No more. Now they are gone from my shop the next day, on Marketplace. You can't fit 8 tires on a pickup without being a YouTube hero 🙂

Accuride no longer makes the steel wheel no. 28484. I cleaned the wheels and shot a single stage acrylic. The wheels were black from petrified road tar and grease and many scratches.  About 3 hours work on each wheel in a tub of Simple Green and 3M purple scrub pads. As Ivan mentioned, breaking the bead is not difficult, I slid the wheel under the tow hitch and used a bottle jack to push down.  My wife is on vacation, she would not approve of me putting the painted wheel on the dining table.

IMG_4797.JPG

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
On 4/4/2023 at 10:50 AM, cbr046 said:

I'm still a young and stupid 69 y old. 

Naw, I don't believe it and I know you don't either, 69 is not that young, ( kidding ).   Actually, 69 is pretty young, don't waste it, it won't last long.

We didn't have starter fluid back in my day.  I wouldn't have listened anyway.   I think the idea of using gasoline etc was from long ago by guys out in the field without equipment to seat the bead.     

Guest Ray Davis
35 minutes ago, Frank Bergamo said:

Used to do that back in the day to inflate dragblke slicks. Pretty cool, brought back a lot of memories!

Look at Ben's picture above, all he needs is a wheelie bar and he's ready to drag race.   

We can see Ben is pretty cool on his bike and if he would turn around we could see what he looks like.

22 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Look at Ben's picture above, all he needs is a wheelie bar and he's ready to drag race.   

Sure!

If I want to lose every race I enter !

The bead on that tire was set with starting fluid. The boom it made, I was expecting to find bits of rim on the other side of the shop!

Edited by 96 EVO

The last wheel/tire assembly went down today.  6 tires for $2100. installed in my driveway.  The best part was I was able to blast and paint the old steel wheels.  Of course it's not truly over, now I have to figure out how to get rid of my old tires...

• Solution
25 minutes ago, Robert92867 said:

The last wheel/tire assembly went down today.  6 tires for $2100. installed in my driveway.  The best part was I was able to blast and paint the old steel wheels.  Of course it's not truly over, now I have to figure out how to get rid of my old tires...

Good deal. If yours are 22.5" in decent shape, should be sold on Craigslist or Marketplace in no time. I was getting inquiries all night after posting them and gone in the morning to the first guy, for his rock trailer.

• Like 1