2006 HR Imperial 42 DSQ Transmission Dip Stick

We are missing the Transmission Dipstick for our 2006 Holiday Rambler 42 DSQ Imperial! Any ideas of  how to find out exactly what I’m looking for and where to find it? Thank you!

Edited by Kittymp
Correct sentence

2 hours ago, Kittymp said:

We are missing the Transmission Dipstick for our 2006 Holiday Rambler 42 DSQ Imperial! Any ideas of  how to find out exactly what I’m looking for and where to find it? Thank you!

The transmission manual might tell you how to check level electronically from the gear selection control panel by the driver.

Rick M

2000 Exec

• Like 1

Is your concern about finding the location of your Allison Transmission Dipstick  or have you misplaced the OEM dipstick?

If you are looking for the location then check directly over the transmission. If you are looking for the physical dipstick then chances are you never had an actual dip stick. Possible just a cap which means you could plug the fill tube with a rubber or cork stopper.

You read the ATF level by using the Transmission keypad, never using a dipstick.

• Like 1

Dipstick is only useful to confirm operating level range after a fluid change. If you just replace the amount drained, not really necessarily. Just plug it. Use the touch pad reading to fine tune. I can understand if you want to have everything the way it should be but it may be hard to find a correctly calibrated dipstick to match the tube length. Don't know if Allison keeps track of those. If I had to do that, I would get one of approximate length from a race shop or maybe some truck parts shop and calibrate it myself after the level is correct.

• Like 1

The Allison Trans didn't come with a long dip stick, just a short plug at the top of the fill tube. Use the on-dash trans pad to check fluid level (see your owners manual) and other trans condition stats. There is a short stick right on the side of the trans but you don't need to crawl under to check it. Just use the trans pad on the dash. 

• Like 1