Sad Day

Had to say goodbye today to my Sweetheart Maggie 💔✝️. Thanks for all the prayers from all last June - Sept. Heart disease hit her hard two days ago and an overnight hospital stay didn’t help. RIP my sweet girl. 05/05/08 - 04/06/23 💔 4DDD0769-3EF2-43EC-B559-4EC00474575F.jpeg.836562729252ab02eb3badd04dd4b41b.jpegF9F1257B-EDD2-4CF5-98C1-F1E34A0EF040.thumb.jpeg.1f0be6ec8512c0e81b53d0ec80e1321f.jpeg

• Sad 10

Best wishes.

My therapy, though I resisted each time, was to get another companion.

Remember, you are the greatest caretaker in the world.Look what a wonderful life that new dog will have.

• Like 3

So sorry my brother. Losing family is the worst. They just give their all so much for us, they run out of gas before us. 

As a dog lover, remember, you still have some love to give, and someday another pup will need some love, one will need you. 

• Like 3

We went through this until Jan 27.  Pancreatitis, diabetes, seizures and finally renal failure over ~3 years . . . . we could see the end coming and he still tore our hearts out.

Very sorry for your loss.

Best,

- bob

• Like 1

Thoughts go out to you. Lost our Boston a couple of years ago. Same problem. We also have cats. Loosing one right now to heart an diabetes. Don’t think he’s going to last the day. We grieve because they are family. 

• Like 1

Gary and Joyce; I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know it hurts in the deepest way. Losing a pet member of the family is the most difficult, but she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and is in no more pain and healthy again. You gave her a great life and the pain of losing her will lessen, but the memories will be there forever

We lost our little girl Bella last Friday. She had just turned 16. She was healthy other than she had a collapsing trachea, which is common among Yorky's. It was getting harder for her to breath and she would have eventually suffocated. I know we did what was best for her and let her go.

I wrote this letter as if it was sent to us from our precious Bella. I hope the following letter will help you and Joyce thru this tough time;

Hi, Mom, Dad,
Now that I’ve crossed The Rainbow Bridge, they said I should write a letter home. Sorry, Mom, Dad but I have been so busy ‘across the bridge’ that I haven’t thought of home much. They said it’s okay and that you would understand. I hope you do. (I think you will.)
Remember that last day when I wasn’t feeling very well, having a hard time breathing and you were all crying? I don’t remember much, but I do remember seeing and hearing all of you and feeling your touches and hugs…I remember hearing “we love you” and that one last command of “Goodbye, Go and Rest in Peace”. I didn’t know what you meant, so I turned around and walked through the fog that was in front of me. I saw the biggest bridge I’ve ever seen! And so many friends on the other side of it! They were all playing with toys and balls!
My feet kept moving forward, but my heart kept pulling me back. Your touches became lighter and lighter and I wanted to come back and nudge your hands for more love one more time, but I was overcome by this feeling of curiosity for the happy place over the bridge! My feet started moving on their own, like a gentle breeze was moving them forward for me! I can’t explain it, but I had no doubt that it was the right thing to do!
So, I walked across that big, huge bridge by myself! I looked for you, because you were always by my side, walking with me, but this was different. I didn’t have a collar around my neck or a leash connecting me to you, I was ‘free’! Even though you weren’t there with me, I never felt alone! I actually felt like I had a huge cape of love wrapped around my body and the more I walked, the easier it was to breathe! So, I kept walking! I could feel more warmth from all those big hugs, so I kept on walking! I eventually made it over the big bridge. I did it by myself. When I got here, all of my new friends greeted me and helped me walk off the bridge, it was so cool! They gave me a pair of wings and said that I was now a Guardian Angel!
What I’ve learned over these past days has been amazing and nothing like I’ve seen before! We’re all the same up here, we all have wings and we all have Forever People to watch over,- that’s YOU, Mom, Dad! You are my Forever People and I am your Forever Dog! We had such a great life together and I do miss you both a LOT, but please know that I am happy in my new home across The Bridge!
I will send you another Earth Angel one day so you won’t be alone. Give them your whole heart, like you gave it to me. I’ll check in every so often to make sure they treasure your love ~ I always did! When you miss me, think of a rainbow and know I’m on the other side of it, waiting to walk with you again. I’ll always be in your heart. I love you both very much!
Time for me to go play......Love you Both, Bella
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Monte Roger Fautin said:

Best wishes.

My therapy, though I resisted each time, was to get another companion.

Remember, you are the greatest caretaker in the world.Look what a wonderful life that new dog will have.

Oh I don’t need another as I have one we ( my wife) got when Maggie’s brother died in 2020. I said no more. Yeah right!!! Now I need to live past 85 as he’s a little SHIT Tzu and would take someone vey much like us to handle him.

48 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

So sorry my brother. Losing family is the worst. They just give their all so much for us, they run out of gas before us. 

As a dog lover, remember, you still have some love to give, and someday another pup will need some love, one will need you. 

Oh I got one left. And he can be a real SHIT Tzu at times.

49 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

So sorry for your loss!

I'm sure my turn is coming. We have an 18yr old little girl!

I wish Maggie could have lasted longer. 💔. Wow 18!! I feel for u also.

13 minutes ago, Steve's Bus said:

So Sorry for your Loss! 
This is my Buddy he’s 8 . I don’t want to even think about that Day in our life when he’s gone. image.jpeg.44d6813c01e01651f5da89135f0d49ae.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Steve's Bus said:

So Sorry for your Loss! 
This is my Buddy he’s 8 . I don’t want to even think about that Day in our life when he’s gone. image.jpeg.44d6813c01e01651f5da89135f0d49ae.jpeg

AE660109-2348-4FE4-8D38-59E74FECDED8.thumb.jpeg.a90712ae50f1c68949f385b35f2571cf.jpeg
We lost Moose, Maggie’s older brother in January 2020. Now to lose her too is gut wrenching. But we still have Milo. The only problem is I need to out live him. Can I make it to 85.

4 minutes ago, Gary M said:

AE660109-2348-4FE4-8D38-59E74FECDED8.thumb.jpeg.a90712ae50f1c68949f385b35f2571cf.jpeg
We lost Moose, Maggie’s older brother in January 2020. Now to lose her too is gut wrenching. But we still have Milo. The only problem is I need to out live him. Can I make it to 85.

4 minutes ago, Gary M said:

At least you still have Milo! God willing you will make the trip that’s the best we can hope for! Good luck ! Give Milo an extra treat tonight from Buddy and I. Again so sorry for your loss!

I lost track of how many dogs we've had, my wife has all their ashes with instructions that when she passes her ashes and her dogs ashes are to spread together.   When we lost our bull mastiff back in 2009 that was pretty much it for me, I try not to get too attached. 

So reading all of these condolences is gut wrenching.  I feel for all your losses. 

31 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I lost track of how many dogs we've had, my wife has all their ashes with instructions that when she passes her ashes and her dogs ashes are to spread together.   When we lost our bull mastiff back in 2009 that was pretty much it for me, I try not to get too attached. 

So reading all of these condolences is gut wrenching.  I feel for all your losses. 

Yes they are gut wrenching for all animal lovers.

1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Our little girl is the main reason I got into RV'ing!

Didn't like the thought of taking vacations without her!

We already had an RV when we got Moose and Maggie. But Koko our Malamute we already had when we got our first coach. Unfortunately the first trip out, she had a stroke three weeks before her 4th birthday. A week in intensive care and we had to put her down which led to getting our first Bichon (Moose) a few months later in 2004. Then Maggie in 2008. 2020 Moose passed and I said no more Dogs. Well July 2020 along comes puppy Milo.

So sorry for your loss. They give everything they have to us and ask for so little in return. Maggie will never be replaced...but in time...give one a chance and your heart will fill with love again.

Tom and Lisa