Sad Day

14 minutes ago, TLMonaco said:

So sorry for your loss. They give everything they have to us and ask for so little in return. Maggie will never be replaced...but in time...give one a chance and your heart will fill with love again.

Tom and Lisa

Thanks for your condolences. 💔

We still have one left. A soon to be 3 yr old terrorist Bichon/ShihTzu (Milo)we got after our Moose (Bichon ) passed in 2020 of which we got Moose because we lost our Malamute (Koko) passed of a stroke 3 weeks before her third birthday and our very first trip in our first motorhome. He may drive me to my grave though. Need to make it to 85 to probably out live him because someone would have to have our patience to take him. Although he has his sweet moments. Ok! 50/50.

So sorry, this is almost as tough losing a furbaby as any member of the family.  They give so much, 100%of their love and only ask for a little in return. My baby cece, Shishon, 12 yo is my current love and wish for 20 plus years of friendship but that's asking a lot. All I want is for her to be comfortable and I'm happy. Your baby will always be in your heart. 💕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDCrow said:

Hey Bro, can I get you a rock for your pups? C6F6D25A-DABF-4A60-B356-323A6FC17924.thumb.jpeg.74aa34c0603d2c47f0c2dc93be6da7cc.jpeg

Those are really kool. I much appreciate it but we are getting paw print in plaster and a lock of hair and urn. We did the same with her brother. Moose is going with my wife and Maggie with me once we pass.

16 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Those are really kool. I much appreciate it but we are getting paw print in plaster and a lock of hair and urn. We did the same with her brother. Moose is going with my wife and Maggie with me once we pass.

No worries, we have 10 pups packed up in the garage. Haven’t had it in us to spread the ashes.  

14 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

No worries, we have 10 pups packed up in the garage. Haven’t had it in us to spread the ashes.  

Wow! Our pup’s ashes will be sprinkled along with my wife’s and mine. Moose with her and Maggie with me. Now Milo we need to figure that one out. But he is definitely my wife’s dog. But he may have 12 more years yet. But do we!!!

49 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Wow! Our pup’s ashes will be sprinkled along with my wife’s and mine. Moose with her and Maggie with me. Now Milo we need to figure that one out. But he is definitely my wife’s dog. But he may have 12 more years yet. But do we!!!

They keep ya young! Yeah we lost 4 in the last 2 years. Got a couple new to us dogs from Georgia. 

Gary,

My heart goes out to you with sincere condolences and sadness. We were in the same situation over one year ago with our 16 year 4 month old Golden Retriever whose quality of life just stopped. It tore my heart out that day!

He now travels with us in our Codymobile with his Cedar Box sitting on the shelf along with a large framed photo of him doing what he liked best sitting in his chair.

Hopefully the following will give you some peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Resized_20150422_112436.jpeg

Rainbow Bridge.jpg

• Sad 1

I used to be a cat person for YEARS, an after loosing my wingman, Hansel i was stuck. Then my bride who is smarter than me went an found Roxi AKA wiggle butt, hotrod, or just plain Dog, that is a long-haired dapple dachshund that almost immediately filled that void, now 14 years later shes had some medical issues, that so far shes been able to rally an come back from. For me its like riding out on the range an you see in the distance dark clouds coming… I feel for ya pal i too have lost so many tender spirits that seem to from day one make my visit on this rock soooooo much more easy to tolerate. Best wishes an sorry for your loss… P.S. When i lost Hansel it helped alot to write my feelings down an post them on a grieving website for pets.D2A698B9-AC79-4F67-BBDE-BC49622B64E8.thumb.jpeg.c203f75d3545272dd90b02ac72df0d3e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Gary,

My heart goes out to you with sincere condolences and sadness. We were in the same situation over one year ago with our 16 year 4 month old Golden Retriever whose quality of life just stopped. It tore my heart out that day!

He now travels with us in our Codymobile with his Cedar Box sitting on the shelf along with a large framed photo of him doing what he liked best sitting in his chair.

Hopefully the following will give you some peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Resized_20150422_112436.jpeg

Rainbow Bridge.jpg

Our Moose travels with us also. And now Maggie will too. Although I am looking forward to getting out of the nomad style. To many $$$$$ taking away from taking care of our coach. Needs a lot of TLC.

Edited by Gary M

It's a terrible feeling. I've been there a few times myself, and no matter how hard the parting is, they are worth it. 

So very sorry for your loss Gary. We lost our best friend 10 months ago. His name is Buddy and he was with us for 17 years …  It was one of the saddest days of our lives .. We know he’s at peace now and out of pain. Our condolences 💐 to you.

87D9F130-C151-4DC2-B234-80553EAA8D03.jpeg

73F26BAE-170D-40D0-AF4B-E51BB2BD1E45.jpeg

70E24061-8579-445C-81EF-55ADF78CBE06.jpeg

DDC5DC5A-6733-44DB-93D5-BB6CAB4530B4.jpeg

Sorry to hear of your loss, I know so well what you are going through. Our pets are out therapy.

Jim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny D said:

So very sorry for your loss Gary. We lost our best friend 10 months ago. His name is Buddy and he was with us for 17 years …  It was one of the saddest days of our lives .. We know he’s at peace now and out of pain. Our condolences 💐 to you.

87D9F130-C151-4DC2-B234-80553EAA8D03.jpeg

73F26BAE-170D-40D0-AF4B-E51BB2BD1E45.jpeg

70E24061-8579-445C-81EF-55ADF78CBE06.jpeg

DDC5DC5A-6733-44DB-93D5-BB6CAB4530B4.jpeg

Thankyou and sorry for your loss also . This girl next to me looks close to Buddy.C6D5C551-C7E3-4230-85F9-8CE593B974E6.thumb.jpeg.2fd24af8d03f849afca3c7040fb346a1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Agpopp said:

It's a terrible feeling. I've been there a few times myself, and no matter how hard the parting is, they are worth it. 

Yes they are.

As I said before, my wife has lots of dogs, we probably average loosing one a year,   My wife take ownership seriously, all the dogs are well cared for and any medical needs are met to keep the dogs comfortable in their golden years.  We have one older pekingese that is pampered, she gets to sleep in and when she barks in the AM is put outside in her own little fenced area.   But when the time comes my will make sure the old girl is treated with kindness and dignity. 

But when we loose one of the dogs my wife will usually find a substitution, her latest is just coming out of the puppy stage, he is still a big old goof ball.  He's 140lb Anatolian Sheppard and is very protective of the smaller dogs, which is why she got him, his breed is known for being fierce defenders of the flock.  He is also best buddies with my wives older Curly Coated Retriever who is aging fast.   The picture is ~ a year old, fence is +4' high

Deklan.jpg

Edited by jacwjames
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cbr046 said:

Our animal hospital sent us this card after Jackson's passing.  He was a regular there.  Very sweet. 

JacksonChateauElanHospCard3.thumb.jpg.02904e93891bfe1028be622e482b2daa.jpgJacksonChateauElanHospCard2.thumb.jpg.f00e3b02dfe6f78f58dccc97a10ad077.jpg

Still tears me up to read it.

- bob

We live in our coach and unfortunately never in one spot till summer and head back to Oregon. And unfortunately our pups seem to always pass suddenly and far from Oregon.

5 hours ago, Gary M said:

Thankyou and sorry for your loss also . This girl next to me looks close to Buddy.C6D5C551-C7E3-4230-85F9-8CE593B974E6.thumb.jpeg.2fd24af8d03f849afca3c7040fb346a1.jpeg

Yes they are.

Awww .. Yes she does .. I miss him everyday but truth be told, I almost feel a little guilty. Buddy was not able to climb the steps into the bus. When we’re in New Jersey we’re parked at my daughters house where we have a full hook up. Before he passed away we were staying in a spare room in the house so we could be with him. We couldn’t even leave to go on any trips at all since we were his caregivers. I had Laps of Love come to the house so they could euthanize him in his comfort spot. It was literally one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I don’t even think I felt such sorrow when I lost my parents. I was of course saddened about losing my parents but that was just a natural succession of life. I couldn’t do anything to help Buddy and that’s a feeling that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. After he passed, and I  the sadness subsided we were able to move forward with our plans. Before he passed we couldn’t do much. One of us always had to be home. My daughter had her hands full with three dogs and three kids. Buddy needed a lot of attention. We talk about it but I don’t think we’ll be getting another dog anytime soon. Maybe one day.

13 hours ago, Lenny D said:

Awww .. Yes she does .. I miss him everyday but truth be told, I almost feel a little guilty. Buddy was not able to climb the steps into the bus. When we’re in New Jersey we’re parked at my daughters house where we have a full hook up. Before he passed away we were staying in a spare room in the house so we could be with him. We couldn’t even leave to go on any trips at all since we were his caregivers. I had Laps of Love come to the house so they could euthanize him in his comfort spot. It was literally one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I don’t even think I felt such sorrow when I lost my parents. I was of course saddened about losing my parents but that was just a natural succession of life. I couldn’t do anything to help Buddy and that’s a feeling that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. After he passed, and I  the sadness subsided we were able to move forward with our plans. Before he passed we couldn’t do much. One of us always had to be home. My daughter had her hands full with three dogs and three kids. Buddy needed a lot of attention. We talk about it but I don’t think we’ll be getting another dog anytime soon. Maybe one day.

Totally understand. We still have one left. Milo (Bichon/ShihTzu) A very soon to be 3 year old my wife conned me into after our Bichon (Moose) Maggies older brother (not by blood) passed in January 2020. I hope I can make it to my late 80’s as I can’t see leaving him behind. My wife is more optimistic than I am. He’s stuck to her like glue and requires constant watching. He likes to destroy things if u leave it out!!! He has two to play with at our daughters right now, but eventually we gotta head back to coach sitting in California. I’m actually ready to bail on this nomad life. Vet medical, government bills, along with our own unexpected bills has eaten up spare $$$ to provide upkeep of the coach. 
Thanks Again and my condolences go out to all us animal lovers who have lost. And I understand and agree about the losing of humans vs our fur babies.

• 1 month later...

Well....

Our little girl Lilly went downhill quickly since I replied to this thread in April.

We're on the road and had to have her put down today, half way thru the trip. Her rear legs went from stumbling a bit, to paralyzed within a month!

She ate very little the last week, and nothing the last two day's, so, we were left with little options 😢!

Young Vet had never seen a 18+ yr old dog!

Edited by 96 EVO