Sad Day

So 😢 sad for you. We just lost our 15 year old Tilly, Yorkie cross Bichon Frise wonderful companion and traveller. 3 times across Canada twice across USA. 

So so sorry in your loss of Lilly. Yes, it is the very hardest thing to. I've done it way too many times already but this last time with Cody tore my heart out of my chest. He was 16 years and four months when his quality of life stopped.

That's when you have to make the decision for them as they can't do it on their own.

Take time to grieve. You have lost a close family member. It hurts.

We now carry Cody with us in his cedar cremation box along with a wonderful 8x10 photo my wife had taken years ago whenever we travel. He loved to travel in our coach especially when he experienced snow for the very first time in Alaska. He was raised in southern California and we adopted him at 3 1/2 years from a family that was moving out of the country.

I think about him everyday plus all of the love and joy he had brought to my wife and I.

Cody on Chair.jpg

• Thanks 1

So, Sorry for your loss. I truly feel your pain.

We lost both of our Fur babies. RJ our Pomeranian left us over two years ago and Bella just a few months ago.

They both loved traveling with us and  and we miss them every day. 

RJ was just over 16 and Bella passed away on her 16th Birthday.

We did fill the hole left to us when RJ passed. While she doesn’t replaced our lost loves, CoCo is a joy to be with. I miss Bella a lot more than I thought I would, It is never easy when you lose one of our family members.

Bella and RJ were best Buds, We miss them both so much.

BRJ6.jpg

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Well....

Our little girl Lilly went downhill quickly since I replied to this thread in April.

We're on the road and had to have her put down today, half way thru the trip. Her rear legs went from stumbling a bit, to paralyzed within a month!

She ate very little the last week, and nothing the last two day's, so, we were left with little options 😢!

Young Vet had never seen a 18+ yr old dog!

I guess u know I know what u are going thru.

I am so sorry for your loss.❤️🙏

I want to dedicate this to all our members who have lost their Fur Babies.

A Letter from the Rainbow Bridge

Hi, Mom, Dad,
Now that I’ve crossed The Rainbow Bridge, they said I should write a letter home. Sorry, Mom, Dad but I have been so busy ‘across the bridge’ that I haven’t thought of home much. They said it’s okay and that you would understand. I hope you do. (I think you will.)
Remember that last day when I wasn’t feeling very well, having a hard time breathing and you were all crying? I don’t remember much, but I do remember seeing and hearing all of you and feeling your touches and hugs…I remember hearing “we love you” and that one last command of “Goodbye, Rest in Peace”. I didn’t know what you meant, so I turned around and walked through the fog that was in front of me. I saw the biggest bridge I’ve ever seen! And so many friends on the other side of it! They were all playing with toys and balls! 
My feet kept moving forward, but my heart kept pulling me back. Your touches became lighter and lighter and I wanted to come back and nudge your hands for more love, but I was overcome by this feeling of curiosity for the happy place over the bridge! My feet started moving on their own, like a gentle breeze was moving them forward for me! I can’t explain it, but I had no doubt that it was the right thing to do!
So, I walked across that big, huge bridge by myself! I looked for you, because you were always by my side, walking with me, but this was different. I didn’t have a collar around my neck or a leash connecting me to you ~ I was ‘free’! Even though you weren’t there with me, I never felt alone! I actually felt like I had a huge cape of love wrapped around my body and the more I walked, the easier it was to breathe! So, I kept walking! I could feel more warmth from those big hugs, so I kept on walking! I eventually made it over the big bridge – I did it by myself. When I got here, all of my new friends greeted me and helped me walk off the bridge ~ it was so cool! They gave me a pair of wings and said that I was now a Guardian Angel!
What I’ve learned over these past days has been amazing and nothing like I’ve seen before! We’re all the same up here ~ we all have wings and we all have Forever People to watch over ~ that’s YOU, Mom, Dad! You’re my Forever People and I’m your Forever Dog! We had such a great life together and I do miss you both a LOT, but please know that I am happy in my new home across The Bridge!
I will send you another Earth Angel one day so you won’t be alone. Give them your whole heart, like you gave it to me. I’ll check in every so often to make sure they treasure your love ~ I always did! When you miss me, think of a rainbow and know I’m on the other side of it, waiting to walk with you again. I’ll always be in your heart. I love you both very much!
Time for me to go play...Bella

I'm sorry for the loss of your fur family member. Grieve as you need to since they are so much a part of us as we get older.  I've never felt as close to a pup as I do with my CeCe. A bishon shih tsu mic @ 12½ as we speak. I feel like I should go before her as I will miss her that much.  We all feel your pain.... Always remember their smiles 😔😍

SmartSelect_20220806-193527.png

• Thanks 1

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. My little buddy is going through chemo right now. We found out he has cancer a few weeks ago, and decided to try and treat it. He is such a smart canine, I am going to be lost when he does finally pass. 

I want to say something to all who read this: I have met a few of you in person (ricadoo, Chris Throgmartin as well as had some long conversations with others via phone and video call that needed some assistance) and I look forward to the day I can meet you all at an event. I have been a member for a few years now and not a day goes by I don’t get notifications that there is a new post, so, I read and enjoy the posts. I get so much joy from this group. Most of us play well together, and that makes it fun. 🙂 

I am taking care of an elderly loved one that isn’t getting any younger, so please enjoy the ones around you as well as whom you run across that day- they might not be blood relatives, but you may have made their day. 

May our words be kind to others~for we may have to eat them some day. 

IMG_1897.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

This is our little 8 lb Semo.  Semo was a rescue, I literally found him on a country rd going to visit a friend.  There were no houses close by but I stopped at all that I could find & no one knew him, so I had a free puppy maybe a yr old.  Semo moved right in and took over, he was in charge and he knew it.  We never had to house-train him somehow he knew. We had him for about 20 yrs  Everyone was amazed that he lived so long.  We knew we would miss him but we were not prepared for the grief we feel.    He loved to travel and we loved traveling with him,  it's not the same now.  You can see his gray in the photo when he was approx 15.  Yeah I know, that real men don't cry but I'm about to just thinking about Semo

image.jpeg.ebb3823eb58f8df7ec9e25f312e2ab5c.jpeg 

Edited by Ray Davis

12 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Yeah I know, that real men don't cry but I'm about to just thinking about Semo

image.jpeg.ebb3823eb58f8df7ec9e25f312e2ab5c.jpeg 

Yep, I'm not looking forward to getting home next week and attempting to hold it together when friends and neighbors ask "Where's Lilly" 😢!

• Sad 1

Guest Ray Davis
21 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Yep, I'm not looking forward to getting home next week and attempting to hold it together when friends and neighbors ask "Where's Lilly" 😢!

I'm terribly sorry,  I know your sadness,  it's been a couple of months since I found Semo dead in the backyard.  We knew he was a very old little guy,  but he really had the will to keep going.  I still kinda expect him to greet us at the door.  People thought it cute that he had learned to lean against the wall or whatever & rest before continuing on his way, his back legs had gotten really weak.  Not sure if we will get another one,  just not interested right now.

Edited by Ray Davis

17 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

People thought it cute that he had learned to lean against the wall or whatever & rest before continuing on his way, his back legs had gotten really weak.   

Ha! That is funny!

Smart little guy!

Nick, Im so sorry to hear about your little buddie, im hoping the kemo as tough as it is can give your furry friend some relief. Few months ago Roxi our little dachshund gave us a scare, we both thought it was curtains for the little critter….after all shes in that age zone… Luckily after the vet took her share of my wallet within a couple days our little hootie perked up an has been back doin the doggie dance whenever we have food in our hands.🐕 Good luck palIMG_5153.thumb.jpeg.661dfe40b7bc2deccb4b01b763143612.jpeg

• Like 1

We have had a lot of dogs over the years.  Here's a picture of our Bull Mastiff, Sarina, who passed in 2009 and her best buddy, Kirby, a pekingese who passed in 2020.   In the picture the Bull Mastiff was playing tug of war with the pekingese puppy dusting the floor as he was pulled all around the house.

The Bull Mastiff, is my favorite, passed on the first big trip that we took in our Windsor, down to FL to visit my folks.  So kinda bittersweet memory.  My wife knew something was up about a year before, took in for all the tests and Vets didn't find anything.  It ended up being a tumor on the heart.    I told my wife the day we had to put her down that she would have taken a bullet for my wife and I'm not exaggerating.   She charged me when I entered the RV too fast, I was wearing a rain coat with the hood up, wife had to call her off. 

HPIM0246.JPG

• Like 1

Sorry Evo ,had 15 years with our yellow lab , then 15 with our Aussie. Cried more over our dogs than my relatives. Like my brother says, just think about what a wonderful life they had with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TommyL said:

Sorry Evo ,had 15 years with our yellow lab , then 15 with our Aussie. Cried more over our dogs than my relatives. Like my brother says, just think about what a wonderful life they had with you.

Everyone who knew her would comment 'Lilly was the spoildest dog they ever seen'.

She loved riding in her stroller for longer walks, and riding in her bicycle trailer!