Both camera monitors died

We have a 2009 Dynasty Regal IV. About an hour ago both of our camera monitors, the in-dash and the one in the bedroom, stopped working. They appear to have no power.  I looked for a fuse and or relay in the front run box, but could not find anything that said camera or monitor. Does anyone have any ideas? I know the switch box is in the dash. But, would not think this would affect both monitors.

Thanks

Bill

8 hours ago, Mi Bill said:

We have a 2009 Dynasty Regal IV. About an hour ago both of our camera monitors, the in-dash and the one in the bedroom, stopped working. They appear to have no power.  I looked for a fuse and or relay in the front run box, but could not find anything that said camera or monitor. Does anyone have any ideas? I know the switch box is in the dash. But, would not think this would affect both monitors.

Thanks

Bill

Suggest you download the prints for the 2009....we have 2008 Dynasty prints, so that will work.  You need to look at the wiring diagram to see where the power is coming from.

Tom,

Thank you.

This morning when I got up, all was right with the coach. What I failed to put in the post, because I did not think it was relevant, was yesterday I tested the Tire Minder i10 booster by attaching the alligator clips to the chassis battery. It was about an hour later I noticed the lack of power to the camera monitors, radio, and CB. I now believe I did something that negatively affected the batteries. I have had something similar when the batteries are depleted and have to be jumped so I can start the engine and the generator. The whole dash, including the instrument cluster, goes out. I then have to wait until the batteries are charged. I shut down and restart and all is ok.

Thank you all

Bill

Some electronics will not operate when the voltage is low….however, some will also “drive you crazy”.  It may be that the monitors have a built in “Low Voltage Cut Off”.  Your Magnum has that in the parameters.  If you have not set it or are not familiar with the proper setup for our MH, there is a file on it.  You can put Magnum in the search box towards the upper right of the Home Screen and then use the drop down to select FILES.

My daughter had an exterior garage door opener that I replaced.  It would not accept or do the handshake to link it to the opener motor.  The tech support said that sometimes the “new”, name brand batteries would have been in stock too long….it would respond and seemingly go into the program code, but the transmitter did not have enough voltage to complete the link.

Hope this solves it.

Tom,

Thank you.

Another possible contributing factor is heat. We are still in Florida. We have had 10+ days of 90+ weather. Yesterday it hit 104 at 6:30 pm. I wonder if the heat tripped some thermo resettable relay in the system and then overnight it cool enough to reset.

I will search for and download the documents you suggested.

Thanks

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 8:12 AM, Mi Bill said:

Tom,

Thank you.

This morning when I got up, all was right with the coach. What I failed to put in the post, because I did not think it was relevant, was yesterday I tested the Tire Minder i10 booster by attaching the alligator clips to the chassis battery. It was about an hour later I noticed the lack of power to the camera monitors, radio, and CB. I now believe I did something that negatively affected the batteries. I have had something similar when the batteries are depleted and have to be jumped so I can start the engine and the generator. The whole dash, including the instrument cluster, goes out. I then have to wait until the batteries are charged. I shut down and restart and all is ok.

Thank you all

Bill

Bill - You have a Kongsberg chassis multiplex coach.  The dash power is fed from the house and not the chassis batteries.  That means, when the engine is running or when on shore power, both the house and chassis batteries must be charged.  Most likely, you have a problem with your Big Boy solenoid not connecting the House and Chassis battery banks together.  The problem will start as an intermittent issue.  It would be a good idea to clean the contacts inside the big boy.  We have a detailed procedure in the Downloads Files section.