Engine / Transmission wiring

aperrone2

I have a 2007 Dynasty with Cummins XL. Yesterday I replaced the engine batteries, 2- 12volt in parallel.  I goofed and shorted something out.  I blew a 10 amp fuse in the rear run. It was labeled VIM. When I started the engine, the transmission had \\// in the display and wouldn't shift into fwd or rev, the transmission temperature gauge was just moving back and forth from cold to hot to cold.  Then, I couldn't shut the engine down. I had to go to the rear and put the rear start switch to the center position between front and rear.  That shut the engine down, but the coach thought key was on because the step operated with the door and the back up lights were on. The only way to get everything off was to remove the cable from the battery terminal.

I think I'm in real trouble and I can't take it anywhere to have anyone look at it.  My schematics do not show any wiring for the engine or transmission.

Any ideas?

8 hours ago, aperrone2 said:

I have a 2007 Dynasty with Cummins XL. Yesterday I replaced the engine batteries, 2- 12volt in parallel.  I goofed and shorted something out.  I blew a 10 amp fuse in the rear run. It was labeled VIM. When I started the engine, the transmission had \\// in the display and wouldn't shift into fwd or rev, the transmission temperature gauge was just moving back and forth from cold to hot to cold.  Then, I couldn't shut the engine down. I had to go to the rear and put the rear start switch to the center position between front and rear.  That shut the engine down, but the coach thought key was on because the step operated with the door and the back up lights were on. The only way to get everything off was to remove the cable from the battery terminal.

I think I'm in real trouble and I can't take it anywhere to have anyone look at it.  My schematics do not show any wiring for the engine or transmission.

Any ideas?

Make sure you did not leave a small wire off from one of the battery terminals. Usually the Allison has a dedicated wire that connects directly to the batteries. It is a good habit to use your cellphone to take a photo of all the battery cables and connections before taking out the old batteries. There have been many posts from folks looking for help after changing out their batteries. Often a smaller wire is left disconnected since folks only expect large cables connected to the batteries.

Edited by Bob Nodine

10 minutes ago, Bob Nodine said:

Make sure you did not leave a small wire off from one of the battery terminals. Usually the Allison has a dedicated wire that connects directly to the batteries. It is a good habit to use your cellphone to take a photo of all the battery cables and connections before taking out the old batteries. There have been many posts from folks looking for help after changing out their batteries. Often a smaller wire is left disconnected since folks only expect large cables connected to the batteries.

I agree 100% 

also the wire sometimes has a inline fuse make sure you didn't blow that 

I have several wiring diagram books for 06 to 08Endeavor,  Diplomat, Scepter Camelot and Windsor.   The last page is chassis wiring which helps on Alison.   Some are purposely blurred on purpose.   But the one for 06 Endeavor was enlargeable.   Call if that would be of help.  I don't know how to post it.

steve   573-216-0252

Thanks to all.  My wiring is now correct. I caused the problem by not paying attention to what I was doing which caused one cable to be connected reverse polarity. when it sparked, I corrected the mistake, but the damage was done. I may take Stingraysteve up on his offer later today.  Thanks Steve.

Art Perrone