Water pump quit

Rikadoo
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

hello everyone, so tonite my plan was to sanitize the fresh water system, I added the bleach filled the tank then went to turn on the pump from the inside...FAIL! Crap! so I went outside and turned on the outside switch the pump came on, so having pressure building I opened all the faucets and let the mixture pour out. So then used the inside switch to turn off the pump... no problem, it wasn't till I had to do some more flushing and now it won't come on at all, no matter what switch I use. So using my test light I tested the power and ground at the electronic relay. It has battery power it has ground, and for the switch it uses a ground sense which works fine... now for the LOAD it has 12volts coming out and does NOT change! So then I go to the pump, it has 12 volts coming in but no ground. if I inject ground to the circuit it works as long as I keep providing it, so what am I missing? Does the power relay control the power or the ground? It got cold and dark so im done for the day. Thanks 

In my Windsor the Intellitec Water Pump Controller had another 87 Type relay AFTER the Water Pump Controller relay which had larger gauge wires that went to the pump. The WPC had smaller gauge wires attached to it. Possibly there is a problem at that relay. Or wherever your ground for the system comes from.

I haven't owned the Dynasty that long to understand where everything is, etc.

In fact, I just discovered something new this morning in regard to my water system and Black Tank flush system.

In my Windsor both the Intellitec Water Pump Controller relay and the 87-type relay were both mounted next to each other along with the water pump in the same bay on the passenger side that had the Aqua-Hot and the Man-O-Bloc water distribution system mounted too. The Aqua-Hot was mounted mid-ship which was always a PITA to work on!

Luckily, the Dynasty we now own has the Aqua-Hot out near the bay door where it always should be to make it easier to work on.

My pump and control relay is located in the small compartment next to the wet bay along with the latching device.  I've read that the latching device could be located almost anywhere including the overhead cabinet above the passenger seat.

https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/intellitec-water-pump-controller-10-amp-latching-00-00145-100

There is a wiring diagram on the above link.  I also have a separate fuse at the pump plus a relay that provides higher amperage wire to supply power to the pump. 

Hey Jim Thank you, with time im sure to have sorted out the design, however like most of us getting basic info really speeds the repair process. Funny sidenote, last night i went out to the coach to check the shades in the bedroom to ensure there was no light leaking in (AKA NAP) that said just before that i tried the water pump, it worked like there was never a problem🤦‍♂️ 

The difference is the night it quit it was getting ready to storm out, and last night it was warm an dry… As someone who has spent years working on auomotive electrical systems that “issues happen when humidity goes up” hopefully this weekend i will get time to sort it out

• Solution
2 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Hey Jim Thank you, with time im sure to have sorted out the design, however like most of us getting basic info really speeds the repair process. Funny sidenote, last night i went out to the coach to check the shades in the bedroom to ensure there was no light leaking in (AKA NAP) that said just before that i tried the water pump, it worked like there was never a problem🤦‍♂️ 

The difference is the night it quit it was getting ready to storm out, and last night it was warm an dry… As someone who has spent years working on auomotive electrical systems that “issues happen when humidity goes up” hopefully this weekend i will get time to sort it out

Find your prints.  Determine if you have a Bosch relay.  Some do…others don’t.  The 12 VDC power is always ON to the pump.  However, that is based on NO RELAY.  Google Intellitec Water Pump Controler.  Go to the Intellitec site.  The “load” side is the GROUND….not the positive.  BUT if there is a relay on the load, then the relay is activated by ground out the coil and then the pump has a fixed or ground and the relay will send power. 

Look at the picture below to understand…..

IMG_0833.png