Silver Leaf Components - what are the doing?

Go to solution Solved by jlynn37064,

8 hours ago, DavidL said:

I am guessing that manages the camera views?

Or video to TVs?

David, Someone send me a link that was very helpful.   VMS-330-VDX%20404%20Layout.pdf?fbclid=Iw

26 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

A quick call to the techs at SilverLeaf in OR will get you the specific answers to your questions.

They are a great group of guys who are very knowledgeable about all of their products and very willing to help.

I will do that. This whole project began out of the desire to update the stereo.  I had no idea it would become a science project. 

Do you have the 330 keypad? If so, you have a $1000 Silverleaf VMS 330 engine monitor system. I like the one I installed in my 08 Navigator here;

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/installing-a-silverleaf-vms333-in-08-navigator-398067.html

Here’s the manual:

https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/sites/default/files/2019-10/VMS 330 Owner Manual.pdf

IMG_6297.png

Edited by Ivylog

On 4/28/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ivylog said:

Do you have the 330 keypad? If so, you have a $1000 Silverleaf VMS 330 engine monitor system. I like the one I installed in my 08 Navigator here;

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/installing-a-silverleaf-vms333-in-08-navigator-398067.html

Here’s the manual:

https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/sites/default/files/2019-10/VMS 330 Owner Manual.pdf

IMG_6297.png

Ivylog, I was finally able to spend some time on this project. I got the new stereo installed. I plugged the video cable into the A/V input of the stereo and I'm able to use the Silverleaf controller to view the Silverleaf screens. I'm trying to determine how to get the cameras to come on. I'm going to call Silverleaf tomorrow. 

• Solution

I spoke with SilverLeaf today. Great support. One of the SilverLeaf boxes needed to be unplugged and restarted. After doing so, my left camera works with the turn signal. The rear and right cameras aren't working. Now to diagnose them.  Thanks for the help. 

59 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

In the dash there’s a video switcher… 4 cameras in and one video out. I’d try plugging the right camera into the working left RCA plug.

Thanks. I actually tried that and the right camera didn’t come on when I turned on the left or right blinker. 

31 minutes ago, jlynn37064 said:

Thanks. I actually tried that and the right camera didn’t come on when I turned on the left or right blinker. 

Does the camera select switch on the left console do anything?

14 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Does the camera select switch on the left console do anything?

I have not tried that. The guy with silver leaf did not suggest that. I’ll have to look at that in the morning. Thanks.

16 hours ago, jlynn37064 said:

I have not tried that. The guy with silver leaf did not suggest that. I’ll have to look at that in the morning. Thanks.

I tried the control panel   I was able to change views to see engine, trip and other data. This did stop my left camera from coming on screen when I turned on the turn signal. I went back to the main screen and could again see the camera. But still nothing from Rear or Right side cameras.  I’m wondering where they get their power. 

I found the rear camera cable. It was not plugged in. It is working as it should. The right camera seams to be dead.  But I will accept the rear camera as a major victory. Does the rear camera have audio? 

You should have 2 control knobs on the left, the Silverleaf and a camera selector to try and see which cameras are working. At least you’re gaining and a place in IN wanted an additional $1000 to install the system.

Edited by Ivylog

2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

You should have 2 control knobs on the left, the Silverleaf and a camera selector to try and see which cameras are working. At least you’re gaining and a place in IN wanted an additional $1000 to install the system.

I didn’t have a camera selector switch. On my kitchen cabinet is the original Aladdin switch but it appears to do nothing.