HWH Rail slide mechanism/adjustment??

Go to solution Solved by cowpoke,

13 hours ago, cowpoke said:

I'm not sure if what I have found out will be of any help to you or not, but here it goes, I have been in contact with Elite Renovations in Harrisburg Oregon, They confirmed my large slide on the front drivers side of my 07 Monaco Signature has absolutely NO rollers.... It actually slides plastic on wood.. What they do to correct this is to install aluminum plates that the slide will then slide on of which makes it slide extremely easier and keeps it in line. I have a appointment to have my slide repaired at Elite this June..If this is of interest to you I will report back after my repair on Oregon...  Happy Trails~~~~~

Dexter,

Not so sure "plastic on wood" is correct. There should not be any exposed wood on the bottom of your slide. The plastic that they are referring to is the "glide bar" that is attached to the edge of the flush floor.

What happens is over time, the aluminum covering on the bottom of your slide starts to wear on the ends leaving marks or even breaking through the aluminum covering.

The aluminum plates that they install will prevent any more damage to occur and allow the slide to roll in and out easier. I had a set of those plates installed on my previous Windsor back in April 2015 at their shop while on our way to Alaska.

The main Flush-Floor Salon Slide on both the Windsor and our current Dynasty operate that way. That's why I recently had Guardian Plates installed on my Dynasty at Talin RV to prevent any damage occurring to the bottom of the slide. Actually some previous owner had some extremely thin sheet metal installed at the ends which had to be removed as they were JUNK with one end nearly falling off if it wasn't for the two screws holding it there plus the Gorilla tape I had on it.

You will be very happy with their work as they are one of the few experts located on the west coast.

I will try and get some pics on how Elite goes about this fix. This work won't be done on my coach until late June. In the mean time I'll  try to learn how to put pics on this site. My computer knowledge is non-existent.

All I'm doing is following up on leads I received from members of this site, of which I'm truly appreciative of heading me in the right direction...Thank you All...

Happy Trails ~~~

I'm not 100% sure of everything that's going on with these slides myself at this point. I have only talked to Elite people on the phone and might have misinterpreted exactly what's going on at the present time, but I plan on being better educated on this subject by the end of June... [I hope}  They were very impressive on the phone and I'm sure like you say, I'll be very satisfied with there work..I'm looking forward of seeing the results..  Thank you  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, dstanton95 said:

I’m in the process of ordering the Guardian Plates for our 03 Dynasty. Ours is Flat Floor No Rollers. My Drivers Side Front Slide doesn’t seal at the top left corner as you’re facing it. Don’t know if the plates will help but I have to try something. 

No, the plates won’t help lift. The plates will seal the lower floors from getting water intrusion.

if you need the slide adjusted, I would recommend contacting the Lazy Days in Wildwood, FL.  There are Monaco experienced techs there.  It’s a large shop and busy so you should call in advance.

good luck!

@dstanton95 Instead of ordering your guardian plates and doing the install yourself, just go to Talin RV for your Guardian Plates, then have them make the adjustments to your slide.

They are generally busy also depending on the time of year but their top-notch technician, Dustin, is one of the best for making adjustments  to slides.

Edited by Dr4Film

Richard is so right about going to Elite---He gave me the same advise and I made the trip from Alberta to Harrisburg and it turned out to be the best trip I ever made... Those boys know exactly what they are doing---if you go to them you'll be completely satisfied----Thank you Richard..

6 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

@dstanton95 Instead of ordering your guardian plates and doing the install yourself, just go to Talin RV for your Guardian Plates, then have them make the adjustments to your slide.

They are generally busy also depending on the time of year but their top-notch technician, Dustin, is one of the best for making adjustments  to slides.

Dustin is no longer with Talin.  Minor adjustments sure but if it’s a major Lazy Days in Wildwood, FL was recommended.