Vents for engine bay

08 Camelot ISL 400 side radiator, thinking about trying to add vents to exterior engine hatch to let some heat out. Rear bath and closet gets really warm. Not bad in winter, preheated toilet seat and shower. Summer’s a little different. Anyone have a DIY suggestion or pictures of your modifications

Thanks , Tommy & Cheri , Eufaula Ok.

I did this mode in late 2017 because my 120v wire loom goes up through the front of the engine compartment to the circuit box and would pop A/C breakers in the summer while driving. (Phoenix) My brother made these brackets for me. They hold the engine lid open about 8". I'm sure it also keeps the alternator cooler also. Another plus is the bedroom stays cool after driving all day. 

Engine lid 2.JPG

Engine lid.JPG

Stand off1.JPG

Stand off2.JPG

Edited by timaz996
added text

Biggest difference I've found between the '08 Camelot, and '08 HR Scepter, is the rear cap design!

The Scepter has a large opening above the engine hatch to allow heat out!

There is a couple I know of that installed venting into their Camelot cover. Hopefully they will see this thread.

I like your solution for the hot days. Can you show how are the adapters actually mounted? I would still like to keep the ladder in place for the pole mount so I would be limited to no more than 3" stand off. Too late for me now since we are already in AZ but maybe next time.

Start googling.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/camelot-rear-cap-vent-source-364839.html

I used Monaco Camelot rear cover heat

there was a factory fix for this with a custom (SS or black anodized) grill….maybe 2 with a circulation fan inside the engine compartment.  Thermostatic control in the top of the engine compartment and a exhaust fan.  Some have had CB pop.  There was a bunch of stuff out there.  Try different google topics.

Fortunately, they revised the rear deck…..when?  The 09 Camelot have a top vented louver (molded in).  That helps….but a  buddy with a 42 said that the engine latches would melt a thin plastic dry cleaning plastic clothes cover.

I run the Genny and both AC and that helps…

3 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Start googling.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/camelot-rear-cap-vent-source-364839.html

I used Monaco Camelot rear cover heat

there was a factory fix for this with a custom (SS or black anodized) grill….maybe 2 with a circulation fan inside the engine compartment.  Thermostatic control in the top of the engine compartment and a exhaust fan.  Some have had CB pop.  There was a bunch of stuff out there.  Try different google topics.

Fortunately, they revised the rear deck…..when?  The 09 Camelot have a top vented louver (molded in).  That helps….but a  buddy with a 42 said that the engine latches would melt a thin plastic dry cleaning plastic clothes cover.

I run the Genny and both AC and that helps…

I didn't want to cut a hole in the lid. 

3 hours ago, Ivan K said:

I like your solution for the hot days. Can you show how are the adapters actually mounted? I would still like to keep the ladder in place for the pole mount so I would be limited to no more than 3" stand off. Too late for me now since we are already in AZ but maybe next time.

Here’s a picture 56DE78A3-062C-46EF-93F1-5495930043FB.thumb.jpeg.192f0bc3692621cb0fbd7cd56ecee029.jpeg

Guest Ray Davis

Could you leave the engine hatch open?   Might not look so good but should let the heat out.