airbags jacks parking

Folks,

2004 Cheetah       I let the air out of the system as per the manual, brake until down to 60psi then use dump.  I have even undone the 'valves' at the back....... zero air in system [as far as I can tell]. rear end stays up......  why is that, fix please?

L

What valves in the back had you undone?  Do you have air leveling also??

My Monaco Windsor has air dump valves for front ant back. 

The front is mounted on the firewall and looks like this https://revrvparts.com/item-detail?itemId=30887&organizationId=9

The rear are mounted on the steel from in the engine compartment.  https://revrvparts.com/item-detail?itemId=24219&organizationId=9  

If the front is working that should mean the fuse is good, fuse on mine is located in the front drivers side electrical bay.  I the rear isn't working could be a wiring issue, I check the wiring going to the dump valves. 

I've noticed the same thing - If I pump down the air tanks with the brakes the suspension bags still have air.  Maybe a one-way check valve between suspension and air tank, I don't know.  Whatever.  Now I just air them down with the switch.  Pumping down the brakes makes people stare at you anyway.

- bob

2 hours ago, Les Hurdle said:

Folks,

2004 Cheetah       I let the air out of the system as per the manual, brake until down to 60psi then use dump.  I have even undone the 'valves' at the back....... zero air in system [as far as I can tell]. rear end stays up......  why is that, fix please?

L

Simple…..your air braking system and the air bags are separated.  Frank and others will give you the technical and plumbing explanation.  Many (most…all?) of us with air leveling suspensions will stay 100% level on a site and rarely move or droop a millimeter when the main fron and rear systems are at ZERO.  All through the magic of a check valve (s).  

If you read any of the threads on leveling and such, many of us turn off the “auto function” which has a auxiliary compressor to maintain 90 PSI in the leveling system.  The “need” for tweaking the auto leveling and restoring 90 PSI is timed to our natural body clocks so the noisy little critters come on when we hit our REM sleep pattern.

i can leave my MH in storage for months….maybe even a year when i had a broken leg and all corners are still in the same height.  I do have a leak in the main system so that i loose maybe 5 PSI per day…..but that doesn’t impact the air bags.  Now if I had a leaky bag or fitting or valve in that leveling system, YES….something would droop.

from what you posted, your 4 air bag system is working and seems to be OK…

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long to respond............. I enclose a 'dirty' pic of the valves at the rear end of my coach.

Hopefully you can see the two valves which I presume are the one's which can be used to 'dump' air quickly, but is it all air or only suspension or?

The blue rag I put in place because the units above were leaking, I presume they are solenoids for something [air?].....I live up a dirt road so not matter what things get dirty [yes I do clean things off] there was 'oil' dripping down again I presumed out of the joints between the white units and the lines, that has nit stopped, I didn't do anything........ ....anyway, still trying to figure out what and which is the best way to 'park' the coach without doing damage.

Thanks for all the help

IMG_5638.jpg

ooops.   mean't to say the oil leak has NOW stopped.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks.. again.

Met with my tech today. He had another monaco in for service.... wow what a difference.

I know you good folk have provided solutions but please look at the pics.   The first is my coach with all the air out.  2nd pic is the other coach.  Note how low it is.  3rd pic is my coach sitting up on MINIMAL jacks......... note length of shocker.

What can be keeping my coach up in the air [ no jacks]?

L

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg