Glow Plug Torque Spec

theman394
Go to solution Solved by Frank McElroy,

I have been searching the forum and internet and have not been able to find a torque specification for the glow plugs in my 10KW quiet diesel generator.  The generator is an Onan model 10HDCAA11506A.  It is powered by an Isuzu 3LD1 PV-04 three cylinder diesel.  I was hoping someone had a service manual or an experienced tech had the torque value for these glow plugs.  Thanks in advance for all the help!

• Solution

For your engine see page 61 - 11.0-14 ft.lbs. in the engine service manual.  For the Kubota engine see page S-12 in the engine service manual.  Here is a link to the manuals in our downloads files.

Perfect.  Thanks for the info and quick reply.  I never found the manual downloads section--my bad.  Thank you.  After looking through manuals I found glow plug torque to be 10.8 to 14.5 ft/lbs just like you initially provided.  Thanks again very helpful.  This was my first post....but I have read a bunch of info from others that has been very helpful.

Edited by theman394

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the group.  We have a number of very experienced active members who know a lot about our coaches and they're all will to share their knowledge to help others.