Fresh water tank dump valve

jlynn37064

In our 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder the fresh water dump valve isn’t sealing.  I can open and close it from the switch but it has a very big leak.  What kind of valve is this and how do I access it?  

I replaced my fresh water dump valve on my '06 Beaver Monterey this past winter.  It is simply a 1.5 inch gate valve just like the ones that dump the grey water.  There is a rectangular shaped sheet metal housing screwed up to the bottom below the fresh tank (about 6 screws).  Remove that and you will find the gate valve with a small 12 volt powered actuator motor.  Removing and replacing the gate valve with a new one is relatively straight forward.  When I put it back together, I did have to make a few minor adjustments to the mechanism to get the gate valve to fully close (it is just clamped onto the plastic gate valve body).  Good luck with your replacement.

Richard

• 1 month later...

Well, today I was able to get under the rig and look at this. The electric motor that opens and closes the valve was sliding around and not able to close the valve.  I used a section of serpentine belt to help the bracket more securely hold the valve body. After a little adjustment, the valve now seals. 

IMG_1527.png

IMG_1528.png