Desperate for HELP!!!! Can NOT retract slides - 2003 Dynasty

Slides (3) will not go in !!2003 Monaco Dynasty 400hp (barron). Started leaking hydro fluid in small amounts in Eight Rear storage. We just removed stir well and filled fluid. Still no movement. Is there a way crank them in ? Is there a fuse on the pump  ? We are desperate. will have to pay 2000.00 if no moved on June 1st. Mike & Kelli 317-220-0536.

2 minutes ago, bgfleck said:

Do you have your manual? 

When ours wouldn't move due to low fluid it took awhile to purge the air out of the system. Hold the button on for a longer amount of time.

If you need a link to manuals it is below. Doesn't have 2003 but can look at 2002 and 2004 for similar coaches.1

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

GREAT. I"LL try it Tomorrow!!!  Brian will you be on this thing tomorrow b? Mike

• Thanks 1

Where are you located.

Check to make sure all basement doors are closed, there are inhibitor switches on each door under a front slide (not sure about bedroom slide).  It a basement door is open and/or not closed all the way the slide won't operate.  I have one that have I have to slam hard and last year one of my inhibitor switches went bad and the slide won't move.

Also, try with the ignition in ACC and on position, some are different, even try it with engine running. 

Attached is the wiring diagram for just the slides, the whole file is in the downlods section.

It does list two 15 amp fuses in weather tight fuse holders near the pump.  Also lists a couple other fuses with their location. 

2003 Monaco Dynasty Wiring Diagram for slide room.pdf

Edited by jacwjames
  • Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
6 minutes ago, beastman229 said:

Great i got things to go on. Now its getting one to do t !!!!!!!Thank You Mike

I don't understand what you are saying, or meaning.

Anyway, when you attempt the slides, or generator slide, or jacks if you have them, do they make a sound or do they work?  Can you hear the pump running?

Just now, Ray Davis said:

I don't understand what you are saying, or meaning.

Anyway, when you attempt the slides, or generator slide, or jacks if you have them, do they make a sound or do they work?  Can you hear the pump running?

NO nothing runs and wife says all 12v stop working but no warning lights on panel and all vol & amp meters working

31 minutes ago, beastman229 said:

NO nothing runs and wife says all 12v stop working but no warning lights on panel and all vol & amp meters working

OK.....let's try to do this logically....so, yes, at 71, you may not be fit enough to push in the slides.....I am 78 with a brand new SS shoulder...so I understand.... Next UP.  Your phone says you are not "Available" and hangs up....no VoiceMail.  So helping you in person is not an option. Please answer these questions....If you can upload photos from your phone, pictures would help.

Before we get started?  Have you turned ON or OFF any switches or had any electrical work done or done anything to the Electrical system....  Think back to when you extended them.  Have you done anything or had any other issues after that?  IF SO....TELL US.....very hard to guess

NEXT UP.  YOU said you had hydraulic fluid in a bay.  If you did NOT close or slam (LOL) that bay shut....that totally immobilizes the slides.  SO, open and CLOSE all the bays and make sure they are 100% shut (slam or shut firmly).  That is a MAJOR issue as the switches may go bad...  The print shows 4 Bay Switches.

1. Can you start the ENGINE?  Can you start the Generator?  If the Generator will run, then leave it running.  It will NOT hurt anything and help us trouble shoot.... KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE.  Now Release the Parking Brake switch or button.  Now SET or Push the Button and reset or engage the Parking Brake.  Do you see the Parking Break "P" on the dash lighted?  It HAS TO BE ON for the slides to work.  OK...Brake Light ON....turn off engine. 
  2. What do you mean by ALL 12 Volt is gone?  Interior lights don't work?  Exhaust fans don't work? Water pump doesn't work?  IF SO....then go to your manual. We don't have the 2003 Dynasty online, but I looked at the HR Imperial which is supposed to be a TWIN.  .  Look in Section 8.  At the beginning of this section, there is a description of the Battery Cut Off Switch. BUT, we don't know which switch you have and yours, unfortunately, may be a little odd.  If you have a small switch, it will have ON & OFF.  Turn it on.  If you have the Locking Switch (has a slide on the switch), then push the TOP .  If you have a plain switch....push the TOP of it.  THEN RESPOND....and tell us...
  3. Take a picture of the Remote Panel or display for your Inverter.  Don't know what brand...  Need to know that... Attach the picture.
  4. OK.....none of that worked?.....then you have had a House battery failure or lost your House Batteries.  NEXT UP....do you have a Jumper Cable?  If so, then, if you understand HOW to use a Jumper Cable, then attach the Jumper cable to the POSITIVE (verify it) Post of one of the Chassis Batteries and jumper it to one of the POSITIVE (verify it) Post of the House.  That should restore your 12 VDC House Battery.  DID that get you back your "12 V power?
  5. If your 12 V power is back, then make sure the Engine is OFF.  You have an Ignition (engine ON) lockout that will prevent the slides to move.... If the Igntion switch is ON or the Engine is running...your slides will NOT WORK.  NOW....try the slides?  NO JOY.....??
  6. OK....try the Generator Slide button.  Will it move IN and OUT?

OK.....do all that and report back.....  IF you need a Mobile Tech, he is going to need the prints that were attached to a previous post.  However.....this one is critical..  It will save him looking through the entire file.

2001 - 3 Front Hydraulic Slide wiring Diagram.pdf

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

OK.....let's try to do this logically....so, yes, at 71, you may not be fit enough to push in the slides.....I am 78 with a brand new SS shoulder...so I understand.... Next UP.  Your phone says you are not "Available" and hangs up....no VoiceMail.  So helping you in person is not an option. Please answer these questions....If you can upload photos from your phone, pictures would help.

Before we get started?  Have you turned ON or OFF any switches or had any electrical work done or done anything to the Electrical system....  Think back to when you extended them.  Have you done anything or had any other issues after that?  IF SO....TELL US.....very hard to guess

NEXT UP.  YOU said you had hydraulic fluid in a bay.  If you did NOT close or slam (LOL) that bay shut....that totally immobilizes the slides.  SO, open and CLOSE all the bays and make sure they are 100% shut (slam or shut firmly).  That is a MAJOR issue as the switches may go bad...  The print shows 4 Bay Switches.

1. Can you start the ENGINE?  Can you start the Generator?  If the Generator will run, then leave it running.  It will NOT hurt anything and help us trouble shoot.... KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE.  Now Release the Parking Brake switch or button.  Now SET or Push the Button and reset or engage the Parking Brake.  Do you see the Parking Break "P" on the dash lighted?  It HAS TO BE ON for the slides to work.  OK...Brake Light ON....turn off engine. 
  2. What do you mean by ALL 12 Volt is gone?  Interior lights don't work?  Exhaust fans don't work? Water pump doesn't work?  IF SO....then go to your manual. We don't have the 2003 Dynasty online, but I looked at the HR Imperial which is supposed to be a TWIN.  .  Look in Section 8.  At the beginning of this section, there is a description of the Battery Cut Off Switch. BUT, we don't know which switch you have and yours, unfortunately, may be a little odd.  If you have a small switch, it will have ON & OFF.  Turn it on.  If you have the Locking Switch (has a slide on the switch), then push the TOP .  If you have a plain switch....push the TOP of it.  THEN RESPOND....and tell us...
  3. Take a picture of the Remote Panel or display for your Inverter.  Don't know what brand...  Need to know that... Attach the picture.
  4. OK.....none of that worked?.....then you have had a House battery failure or lost your House Batteries.  NEXT UP....do you have a Jumper Cable?  If so, then, if you understand HOW to use a Jumper Cable, then attach the Jumper cable to the POSITIVE (verify it) Post of one of the Chassis Batteries and jumper it to one of the POSITIVE (verify it) Post of the House.  That should restore your 12 VDC House Battery.  DID that get you back your "12 V power?
  5. If your 12 V power is back, then make sure the Engine is OFF.  You have an Ignition (engine ON) lockout that will prevent the slides to move.... If the Igntion switch is ON or the Engine is running...your slides will NOT WORK.  NOW....try the slides?  NO JOY.....??
  6. OK....try the Generator Slide button.  Will it move IN and OUT?

OK.....do all that and report back.....  IF you need a Mobile Tech, he is going to need the prints that were attached to a previous post.  However.....this one is critical..  It will save him looking through the entire file.

2001 - 3 Front Hydraulic Slide wiring Diagram.pdf 1.13 MB · 0 downloads

Sorry tom. We are at home now and 1 of my 16 grand kids borrowed my phone 2nd phone 317-220-0384 We live in Indianapolis Indiana. The coach is parked at Spring Valley camp grounds located 45 min north of here East of Anderson Indiana in Middlerown.

2 minutes ago, beastman229 said:

Sorry tom. We are at home now and 1 of my 16 grand kids borrowed my phone 2nd phone 317-220-0384 We live in Indianapolis Indiana. The coach is parked at Spring Valley camp grounds located 45 min north of here East of Anderson Indiana in Middletown.

• Haha 1

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, beastman229 said:

all 12v stop working

Stress is not your friend,  it won't help a bit.  At 82 I've had enough stress for both of us and I don't think it ever helped me at all.  All it did was make me old.  😁

Not having 12 volts sounds like Jim might be on the right track.   Your 03 Dynasty has a switch near the door that turns most of your 12 volts off & on.  It controls a solenoid that does the actual switching.   If you have tried your switch by the door and your problem persists then I would locate the solenoid because that circuit has caused owners many many problems.     I don't know where the solenoid is located on your coach but maybe someone will chime in with its location.  Let us know what is happening so we can proceed.

When was the last time the slides were moved?

Did anything else unusual happen between then and now?

Again, the circuit that provides the control power for the slides wired through the salesman switch.  In my case there is a switch on my passenger side console on the front.  I have accidentally hit the switch and it shuts off all the 12 volt power for the house and other stuff.   This happen last week, I wanted to move the slides in to drive the coach and nothing.  I went through my regular routine which includes checking salesman switch>>> that was it. 

Again, my salesman switch is on left as I am stepping up into the coach.  It is very easy to accidentally hit the switch, I've done it many of times. 

• Like 1

OK…update….Talked to Mike and his wife.  This is what i think we sorted out.

• There IS full 12 VDC power inside the MH.  There is also AC Power as well.  The “Power is off” was directed at “Nothing happens and the motor doesn’t run when switch is pushed”.  
  • House batteries were replaced last year, but may not be fully charged.  Mike and Kelly (DW) will attend to that tomorrow.  Maybe serviced the batteries once….so need that and whatever condition….it is what it is.
  • Engine start and Genny starts.  He has the small rocker switch that show up in the 2002 Dynasty owners manual.  So, the Battery Cut Off switch does not appear to be an issue.  Kelly confirmed, to James’ post, that all interior power…..12 VDC as well as outlets and Microwave works.  So, ODDS ARE….the salesman switch can be ruled out.  If i look and read the 2002 Dynasty, and Mike confirmed, the solenoid must (??) be Non Latching.  Download the manual and look around page 241 or so.  He said it is the “On/Off” rocker switch in the special frame.  ODD….but this is Monaco…..BUT….all is well…just “slide button doesn’t start motor”….
  • Mike is going to read up on the Xantrex Inverter and learn a bit more about it and how it should be displaying info.  
  • Mike advised, after recollecting on “what may have happened”.  He had a door or bay (swing up type) “jam or lockup”….as in the release handle went bad.  He and a neighbor used some force and a shovel and got it to release.  It APPEARS not to be fully closed for fear of not getting it open again.  Mike was a little foggy, but now understands (old Christmas light analogy) that all the 4 switches are series strung….so that MAY be the issue.
  • However, the Genny slide does not work.  The print is a bit confusing (to me?) as to whether the main control power comes from the slide lockout circuit or a separate source.  BUT, the plan is to find the broken bay’s door switch and cut the leads and temporarily spice the leads.  He will put in wedges so that the bay door is clear, but not latched and use duct tape to secure it and then either fix it himself or have it fixed.
  • Depending on the condition of the House batteries, he can use his vehicle to jumper directly to the House bank.  Then, with the one switch bypassed (that was the ONLY electrical or “issue” that he recalls after it was parked and everything works)…the slides should retract.
  • Kelly will be printing out the slide diagram to give to a tech if a mobile guy is needed….

That’s as much as we covered….so, lets see how that plays out.  I talked to him about 2 hours ago….but had some “chores” to get finished….so this is not late breaking….LOL.  I think both Mike qnd Kelly now have a concept….and if the above doesn’t fix it….then they will be finding some local help…

• Thanks 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Desperate for HELP!!!! Can NOT retract slides - 2003 Dynasty

So, on one of the older coaches with lift-up bay doors, and switches that prevent the slide from moving, will one un-satisfied switch prevent the opposite slide from retracting?

Put another way.... does one un-satisfied switch kill power to the hyd pump motor?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

So, on one of the older coaches with lift-up bay doors, and switches that prevent the slide from moving, will one un-satisfied switch prevent the opposite slide from retracting?

Put another way.... does one un-satisfied switch kill power to the hyd pump motor?

That is the way mine is but I have an electric power gear slide, all the switches are daisy chained, if one is up the slides don't work.  All my slides swing up.  

Edited by jacwjames
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Guest Ray Davis
15 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

That is the way mine is but I have an electric power gear slide, all the switches are daisy chained, if one is up the slides don't work.  All my slides swing up.  

My slides don't swing up but my bay doors do.    😇       My door switches are daisy chained too,  one open door kills both sides.