City Water and Water fill Transfer Valve

Bill C

Good Day All,

I have seen other threads on this issue, but I think mine is a little different from the other posts (my part is different).

I have a similar problem in that my City Water and Water fill Transfer Valve leaks, when turned off, letting water through to the fresh water tank, causing it to overfill/over flow. When I turn off the city water completely, no overflow. When I then turn my water pump on, with the city water fill valve off, the pump cycles on and off, as if something is leaking water, but nothing is (that I can tell). And, of course, whenever the city water fill valve is turned on to fill the holding tanks, if the water pump is on, it always runs, so this is no surprise. I tried turning off the ManaBloc flows, and the only one that made a difference, and just a little difference, was the Kitchen sink/Ice maker tube, and the only changed was slightly less time between cycles, but it still cycled.

I'm thinking the City water and water fill valve needs replacing, but I am not sure of the brand/part number to order. It looks like it says 400 WOG, but I'm not sure. My valve is small, and has a simple pex pipe connection on each end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Water Bay Pic 2.jpg

Water Bay Pic 1.jpg

City Water Fill Valve 1.jpg

City Water Fill Valve 2.jpg

Edited by Corkman

Bill, from your description I believe you have the same system as we do. The 2-port valve simply closes intake into the fresh water tank, whether the pressure comes from a pump or shore. Simple system and any Home Depot etc. valve that accepts 1/2" pex will work.  Ours is actually the faucet type that takes multiple turns to open, no difference otherwise. 

IMG_20200326_132003495.jpg

I believe you are right Ivan, thanks for your insight.

Another question: with these kind of pex fittings, is the only way to remove them, is with something like a Dremel tool to cut the brass band?

31 minutes ago, Corkman said:

I believe you are right Ivan, thanks for your insight.

Another question: with these kind of pex fittings, is the only way to remove them, is with something like a Dremel tool to cut the brass band?

Lowes and Home Depot and Amazon sell very inexpensive crimpers that have inserts for most sizes.  Consider just cutting off….get a new piece of PEX and then a hew fitting use a bench grinder and then reuse the fitting.  Might need to more repairs

Since I always have something, at least minor, to fix on the road, I just use side cutters, carry pieces of pex, crimper and crimp assortment. It looks like you may have regular crimps there insted of the shrink rings? That should make them easier to cut off and possibly reuse the pex, if so.

Actually i see now that you might have the copper ring, that makes it harder to salvage the line without replacing it. But pex is really easy to work with.

Edited by Ivan K