Tecma toilet

Even though it’s older, we love the many upgrades of our 07 Diplomat compared to our gas MH.  But, I the very simple gravity toilet worked better, IMO.  Tecma’s flushing is not as efficient or complete, and worse than couple years ago when the 07 Dip was new to us. Very noisy too.  Is there a fix?  Thank You!

Dwight,

Is this toilet in the rear of the coach or is possibly a second toilet?

Usually the floor-plans have a gravity toilet placed over the the Black Tank and a macerator toilet in the rear or in a second bathroom at the rear which has to macerate the waste in order to get it to the Black Tank.

Not much help in solving your noise problem and I sympathize with you. I had a Thetford Aria II installed in the Windsor we owned previously which always sounded like a farmer's thrashing machine when used. Got rid of that and installed a Sealand Magnum Opus Toilet that has been trouble-free and QUIET from the very first day of use.

The Magnum Opus toilet in our Dynasty is so quiet you can barely hear it flush.

I forget the model designation, but our Dip has just one bath, mid, on the passenger side. We have a full wall slide on the road side.  Our coach has a macerator, Saniflush dump—the smaller hose is great to handle but takes much longer to dump. 

Dwight,

Based on the 40 SFT Floor-plan, your toilet is mid-ship but I cannot tell where your Black Tank is located. If the toilet id over the Black Tank then there is no reason to have a Tecma macerator toilet. You are basically macerating the waste twice. Once going in and again going out.

My guess is that they have placed the Black Tank some distance from the toilet preventing you from having a gravity toilet. If in fact the toilet room is directly over the Black Tank then I would switch out the Tecma toilet for a high quality ceramic gravity toilet that is quiet to use such as the Sealand Concerto Toilet.

The 2007 Monaco Diplomat Brochure states that your toilet is a Thetford Tecma Silence Plus Toilet. I guess it is not so silent any longer, EH!

Maybe it is in need of rebuilding to return it to its original "silent" status.

Not a clue, sorry.

However, when Googling your toilet I did see one listing that had a breakdown of parts for the Tecma toilet. I would start there, then possibly read some blogs from people who have done the job.

I am not a fan of any macerator. Thankfully, the macerator that came on our Dynasty from the factory was gone when we purchased the coach last year. I prefer the "whoosh" affect with the 3 inch Slinky's.

11 hours ago, Dwight said:

I’ve read the macerating pump under the toilet can get clogged with paper, wipes or ?  I wonder if a shop vac from the bowl side would extract whatever may be lodged inside the pump?

Excuse my case of TMI, but I don't believe a vac would work.  I was recovering from hemorrhoid surgery and a forgotten gauze bandage accidentally got flushed and stopped the pump dead fast.  (Tecma Silence model.) I had to take the toilet 🚽 outside and take the cover off the pump.  The gauze was wedged in tight between the vanes and housing.  (Pump vanes just plastic too...but nothing broke). It took a fair amount of cutting and pulling to clear the "problem".  Reassembled & reinstalled & been working unharmed for several years now.

YMMV

• Like 1